Complaint Review: Gerald Ondash, MD

130 Cedar Rd Ste 220 VISTA, California United States of America
  • Phone: 760-806-5820
  • Web:
  • Category: Doctors

Gerald Ondash, MD Unethical Billing Practices, Scripps, Payment Dispute, Scripps Coastal VISTA, California

My visit to Dr. Ondash was the worst experience I have ever had at a doctors appointment. I would not recommend him to anyone.

On the day of 12/24/2012 I arrived at the doctors office forty-five minutes early. Set in the waiting room an hour and a half. After finally being called back, set undressed for over thirty minutes, and was told to get dress the doctor was not going to see me today, because he was on call for someone else and needed to go to the hospital. However, he will write my prescription I needed for blood pressure pills. He came in, and put the intake information I filled out into the computer.  I received my prescription and left.  I should have found out who was on call for him, while he is on call for someone else.

This is the treatment I received from Dr. Ondash, with him knowing I needed a check-up, because I was told to see my primary after an urgent care visit for my heart.

I received a billing statement stating I owe $30.00 co-payment. I was informed on appointment date that there will be no charge to me. Moreover, I am being charged for services that was not received. Therefore, it is fraudulently to charge the insurance company, or myself for a New Patient, Level 2 visit. On the grounds that I never received a check-up of any kind.

I spoke with your billing representative Larisa, whom informed me that I had to pay a fee even if I did not receive my new patient check-up. That if I had received the check-up it would have been free, since I did not it is a fee, this is unethical billing practices. This office has offered me the opportunity to pick-up  my prescription on two different occasion without seeing the doctor, I chose to wait on the appointment date because I have to drive from Las Vegas to Vista, Ca. After all I went through now they are charging me for what I could have received at no charge.

To top it all off I drove from Las Vegas to be at that doctor appointment, had to stay in a hotel, because I wanted to be seen by someone I could continue to see after I move to San Diego. Dr. Ondash did not give me a physical, after I invested time and money getting to San Diego, now I am asked to pay for services that was not rendered.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2013 01:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gerald-Ondash-MD/VISTA-California-92083-5102/Gerald-Ondash-MD-Unethical-Billing-Practices-Scripps-Payment-Dispute-Scripps-Coastal-1045733. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gerald Ondash, MD