Complaint Review: Gerhard appliance -Glenside PA

Keswick Ave Glenside, Pennsylvania USA

Gerhard appliance -Glenside PA Refrigerator ripoff Glenside Pennsylvania

*Author of original report: Gerard Appliance Glenside Ripoff-2

*UPDATE Employee: The Truth

I purchased a new refrigerator from Gerhards appliance in Glenside PA from Gene Gerhard . This was done in June 2013. The day after it was deliverd thewas a puddle of water in the bottom . They came out 3 days later and replaced a seal. This did not fix the problem . I called them and explained the freezer is not working as all my food melted and spoiled. I had to throw it all out. They sent another tech to look at it a week later. He did not know what to do and left. I called them as the unit was making a loud noie they evetually came back and replaced a fan. this did not make the unit work and it still made a  noise. They sent anpother tech out he looked at it and did not know what to do. I asked them to replace this defective unit. They sant a 3rd party out to look at it. High end Appliances .  They immediatley knew what was wrong. they had to replace a major expenseive part. This was in mid December 2013. After phone calls to this company they finally said they will be out . this was Thurs Feb 20th. They did not show up. I called Gerhards they were really insulting and rude. They hung up o me twice.

I called Fridgidare. I expalined I took 6 days off from work to deal with Gerhards. They said they never hearf anything about it from Gerhards . They said they will replace the unit. Three days later Gerhards calls and tells me through their efforts they convinced Fridgidaaire to replace the unit. What a joke. I dd this.They finally delivered a unit. They did not completley unpack it ? I had to spend my time un packing it. when I did I saw this unit was damaged inside and out. I called the store. They were extremely rude and insulting. Told me to take pictures . I did they then called stating I need to clean up the unit and remove tape. I said I tried for 1 hour . She said try haarder. I said what about the scratchs and damage she denied this then said they will send me new doors ? I asked why did they send me  a used unit. plus this one does not work either. The freezer is not working. she hung up. i called back and they laughed and hung up.

I sent an e-mail to the company. I have lost over $2000 in wages dealing with these people. I recv'd a nasty message from Richard Gerhard. He stated he doe not like me and the way I e-mailed him. He told me to come down to his store and "say this to my face" . I called and asked for This man . He did not come to the phone . I left a message twice.

i then recv'd a message stateing they will give me my mony back less their service and delivery fees !!!! I asked how much is this. Their response I'll find out ? I said ok Let me know how much and bring a certified check when they pick up the unit. They refused and said they will refund my money in tiem after they get the unit bakc. My response. It has been eight months since I purchased the unit and they have never kept their word . They said that is their offer. I said how about the doors that are damged that they are going to replaced. They hung up.

At this point I am out over $850 dollars. I lost $100 in food and 6 days in work dealing with these people. I am not sure what I can do? I am ppen to suggestions.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/03/2014 09:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gerhard-appliance-Glenside-PA/Glenside-Pennsylvania-19038/Gerhard-appliance-Glenside-PA-Refrigerator-ripoff-Glenside-Pennsylvania-1127839. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gerhard appliance -Glenside PA

Gerard Appliance Glenside Ripoff-2

AUTHOR: P J - ()

I read the response from gerhard appliance and wish to address each false statement in it.

I am a reasonable person and can be easily satisfied if the appliance I purchase works. The refrigerator I purchased from Gerhards did not work !

They sent a tech out 4 times. Three times it was the same person. NOT 4 different techs. !!!

One tech replace a gasket

One tech replaced a fan motor . This same tech could not figure out what was wrong with the unit on two additional visits and said he wil try to find somebody at Gerhards to help him ...

Gerhards sent High end appliance out after their techs failed. Their tech imediatley heard and saw the problem and ordered a major part said it will be a few weeks

High end was to replace this part Feb 20th. They did not show up I called Gerhards as they sent them ( High end Appliance) they did not return calls.

I called Frigidaire and they agreed to replace the unit however they did not have any info from Gergards

Gerhards shipped a replacement damaged "new" ? unit. I called they said I had to clean up the unit and they would replace the scratched doors, sometime in the next month  Maybe ? I was not happy with this answer

I sent an e-mail to Gerhards. I asked for the name of the owners.

The next day I recv'd two rude, insulting and threatening voice mails ( I still have them )

I called the owner Richrad Gerhard. He said he will refund my cost-purchase price less fees and delivery cost. When I asked why he is charging me for delivery of a non working unit he became rude , loud and offensive and hung up. I called back and said ok I will pay for the delivery fees and service despite the fact the unit did not work. This was witnessed by the sales rep at Best Buy as I had to get another refrig. I have his name and card if needed as He agreed to testify if needed . Richard Gerhard  became foul said " Do you know who you are dealing with "  and said call Frigidaire I lost my chance to get my money back and hung up. this was Mon March 3

Now this is the important part. On Monday March 3

about 20 minutes later Frigidaire called me and said they will be replaceing the non working unit with a new one but it will take 4-5 days. They said this as the distributor--Gerhards informed them they did not have any new units in stock . I asked when did they say this. They said WED AFTERNOON FEB 26. This was the day before they delivered the "new" replacement unit. Now I must ask. If they did not have any new units in stock the afternoon before they made the delivery....where did this replacement unit come from ? They deliverd the next day at about 10AM . Did this so called new unit fall from the sky or were they not telling Frigidaire the truth ? The so called new unit did not have any paperwork. I asked the delivery people but they said none was available ?

Let me make it clear . I never made obsence calls. I was a perfect gentlemen. I think considering I have not had a freezer for 9 months would make anybody upset.

The sad thing os this company either does not know what is going on at their business or they are bad liars. To this day they do not know that The "real new" refrigerator is being shipped.

In the last two weeks I met three difffernet people who have had similar problems ( refrig, BBQ,TV ) with this co and The BBB complaints are lenghty. I hope nobody has to deal with these people. I have moved on but wil never forget this nightmare

Please feel free to contact me I have the recordings from the people they left on my machine and the paperwork

The Truth

AUTHOR: gerhardscustomercare - ()

Mr. Sharkey, I am writing in response to your post about our company. Gerhard's is a family owned and operated business that has been up and running for over 64 years. We do everything in our power to assist our customers to the best possible point. That being said however, there are some people who cannot be satisfied regardless of the situation. Therefore, I am responding with the facts of this matter for future consumers and for that reason only. You purchased an appliance with us and called for service, besides an issue with a gasket, there was never a problem found concerning your complaint of a noise, we sent four different technicians all of whom concurred that no problem could be found.

At which point we suggested factory service go out. At your own words factory service went out and suggested a part replacement, they never called you back nor did they return with this part (this is what you have told us). You called us asking us to intercede on your behalf and contact them, several attempts were made with no luck on getting an answer. We then contacted Frigidaire directly who informed us that an exchange review had already been initiated and a customer advocate team was reviewing it now.

We called back and left you a voice mail with these findings; at no point did anyone try to claim they did this for you or take credit as you put it.   We exchanged this unit with a brand new one from the factory; unfortunately, there were scratches on the door and packing material inside. We offered to replace the door which is normal for cosmetic damage and advised you how to clear the tape residue from the unit. You were extremely unhappy with this and accused us of selling you a used unit.

It was reiterated to you repeatedly that we do not sell used units yet you continue to send harassing emails and place obscene phone calls to our company. You have now written several emails where you refer to our employees in derogatory terms and went so far as to use the term mongoloid in your phone call yesterday. We have said we will refund you your money and ask that you shop elsewhere. You will be refunded everything minus your delivery fee of $39.95 plus tax.   I want to make clear that you are pushing our hand to file harassment via communications suit against you. Those are the facts of this case.