Deegan

• Reported By: Marie — Jasper Georgia United States of America
getaroom.com
3010 LBJ Freeway Dallas, Texas United States of America

getaroom.com Misleading website, until after pay Dallas, Texas

This website has FALSE ADVERTISING, and MISLEADING information. Only after they charge your credit card do they provide additional information. Their cancellation policy does not exist.

www.getaroom.com website clearly listed a 'Non-Smoking' room and listed a price. ONLY after I gave a credit card # did the confirmation come back and state Preference for a 'Non-Smoking' Room NOT GUARANTEED.

I couldn't believe what I was reading on the screen. I immediately Cancelled the reservation, in less than 5 minutes. And just as immediately I got back a cancellation fee of one day's hotel room charge of $66.00+ dollars.

It gets worse. Per Tamarus Bedford, supervisor, it will take 7 to 10 days to get the credit back for the balance of the $189.00 total charge. I will probably have to make phone calls back to www.getaroom.com to actually get the credit.  There is no excuse for this. What a ripoff.

Their cancellation policy is dated BEFORE the reservation is made. For example I made the reservation on Nov 17, 2012, and their cancellation policy is anything booked after Nov 16, 2012 is charged a one night fee. So each consumer will be charged a one night fee, period.

Mr. Bedford told me their policies and procedures are the same as hotel.com, and other online hotel reservation websites. If so, I will call the hotel directly, and get a guarantee of a Non-Smoking Room which I must have. I can not believe consumers put up with this nonsense.

After this disaster I than called the hotel directly, and got a cheaper rate, and a 'Guarantee of a Non-Smoking Room'!  Lesson Learned.

I will be writing their corporate office, BBB in Dallas, Texas, Consumer Financial Protection Agency, and other interested parties.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/17/2012 02:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/getaroomcom/Dallas-Texas-75324/getaroomcom-Misleading-website-until-after-pay-Dallas-Texas-970687. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on getaroom.com