Complaint Review: getaroom.com

• Updated: Fri, February 07, 2014

• Reported By: jvd — United Kingdom Other
getaroom.com
, Select State/Province USA

getaroom.com Hotel-Rates.com Scam Company-- won't honour your contract! http://www.getaroom.com/ Houston, Texas

Booked a 7 night stay for mid January at The Pearl Hotel in NYC back in Oct 2013. Phoned hotel a few days before travel to be told that no booking existed. Phoned Hotel-Rates.com ( same company as getaroom.com ) quoting my confirmation email reference number. After several further phone calls ( at my cost from UK ) the cutomer services rep advised me that they had made an error and booked me into a different hotel.

Asked them to correct the error and book me into my chosen hotel, but they refised pint blasnk to do that, stating that my chosen hotel was too expensive. They flatly refused to honour the original booking and simply cancelled it 4 days before I was due to travel! I rebooked my chosen hotel through Expedia, but this cost me an extra $573.

I was eventually refunded my original charghe of $1318, but due to differences between exchange rates I lost almost £93 GBP in the transaction. I approached getaroom.com asking for compensation for the extra $573 it cost me, plus a refund of the $20.99 booking fee they charged me at the time of the original booking.

After many emails, they eventually offered to make a "gestuire" payment to me of $100, plus a refunsd of the $20.99 fee. Unfortunaley this payment was never made and the company has stopped responding to my emails. Had I lived in the USA, then I would have taken legal action to recover all my losses. Unfortunatley, it is virtually impossible for a UK citizen to take action against a US company, so I have to simply write off this loss! All in all na terrible experience , dealing with a totally rip off, scam company!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2014 03:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/getaroomcom/Select-StateProvince/getaroomcom-Hotel-Ratescom-Scam-Company-wont-honour-your-contract-httpwwwgetaro-1121657. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on getaroom.com