Complaint Review: getcafecup.com

• Submitted: Tue, September 25, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, November 28, 2012

• Reported By: SJP — Atlanta Georgia United States of America
getcafecup.com

getcafecup.com Cafe Cup deceptive advertising, ordering process, no order review, Internet

*General Comment: I agree

I saw the ad for the Cafe Cups offer on television.  It was a typical as-seen-on-tv commercial where it read you can get 2 for the price of 1 ($9.99)-  just pay seperate shipping and handling.  It didn't explain how to get the second one very clearly, so I place 2 in my cart.  On the website, it has you select a quantity and then enter your billing and shipping info.

It walked me through about 5 screens asking me to add on more stuff or upgrade my order or upgrade the shipping to expedited (because it says typicall shipping takes 3-6 weeks), but I declined all that because I was in no rush nor did I want to upgrade.  I chose next and the next thing I knew my order had been placed and it totaled $49.94!!  There was no order review screen to tell me exactly what I was getting or paying before it just submitted the order.  I knew I would have to pay a shipping charge (which they never claimed what that was ahead of entering your billing info).

$16.99 would have been fine, not $50 bucks!  I order things online from several websites- I am no e-commerce dummy.   So, I then immediately tried to cancel the order.  I had the order number and everything.  After searching for the number, I called and they told me that the order had not prossesed and it takes at least 24 hours before I could cancel it.  Sounds reasonable.  So I called back actually less than 24 hours later and I am told that the order already shipped!!!

So of course, they can't issue the cancellation.  I have to take it to the post office and refuse the package- which I am positive they will charge me the shipping cost.  Not only was the whole process your typical tv product deceptive practice, my issue is that there was no order confirmation screen to tell me exactly what I was ordering.  I'm pretty sure that is against e-commerce rules.  Additionally, they first said it would take 3-4 weeks to process, but it shipped the very next morning??  They gave no tracking number nor did they charge my card yet- but it shipped?  Stay away from this company!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/25/2012 10:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/getcafecupcom/internet/getcafecupcom-Cafe-Cup-deceptive-advertising-ordering-process-no-order-review-Internet-946319. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on getcafecup.com

#1 General Comment

I agree

AUTHOR: Sam - (United States of America)

I agree, the getcafecup.com ad is a rip off, no only for money spent, but after I placed my order I started receiving phone calls from companies wanting to sell me a shopping pass for $30.00 per month.

I think the company either gives out or sells your personal information.

Also, the cups did not work with my kuerig single cup coffee maker, the water poured around the cafe cup not through it and ran out under my coffee maker.

I think this has taught me a lesson, I will never order from TV ads again!!!!!!!