Complaint Review: getpaidtotry

• Submitted: Sun, September 11, 2005
  • Updated: Sun, September 11, 2005

• Reported By:colfax North Carolina
getpaidtotry
2207 East 29th Street Brooklyn, New York U.S.A.

getpaidtotry uses false advertising spam then doesn't pay up RIPOFF Brooklyn New York

This website is not recommended if you are interested in the "sign-up and get free rewards" type of program. I've used other sites in the past and DID get my rewards but this site failed almost as soon as I joined and caused me to lose around $15.

They sent me an email claiming if I joined their site then signed up for two (2) offers from a list of different companies they provide offers from, I would receive a $1,000 gift certificate from a store of my choice.

I understand that it takes a while to get the $1,000 gift certificate but that is not what I am complaining about.

What the real compaint is based on is that when you join, they tell you that not only do you get the free gift certificate. But you also get money sent to whatever online payment service you use (I chose to use PayPal) after you accept the 2 offers of your choice.

I chose to sign up for an AOL account (which did not require any purchase), a music downloads program (which also didn't require any purchase), and also signed up to have some discs mailed that help you learn spanish (the cost was $6.95 for shipping. Also, I didn't have to take 3 offers. I only took the 3rd because they promise you will be sent money to your PayPal account by joining).

After accepting these 3 offers, I logged into my www.getpaidtotry.com account and it showed where I had looked at offers, but was not given any credit whatsoever. According to my acount status it says I clicked the ads but that I didn't join, but I did. No money was sent to my PayPal account. Also, the spanish lesson company turns out to be a scam site, and after signing up for AOL, I keep getting $1 charges on my credit card repeatedly for unknown reasons.

Their FAQ section is helpless at best, there is no HELP section available, and they will ignore any emails you send them.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE.

Molly
kernersville, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2005 07:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/getpaidtotry/Brooklyn-New-York-11229/getpaidtotry-uses-false-advertising-spam-then-doesnt-pay-up-RIPOFF-Brooklyn-New-York-156725. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on getpaidtotry