Complaint Review: getresponse.com

• Submitted: Thu, October 25, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, July 17, 2013

• Reported By: wymedia — orlando Florida United States of America

getresponse.com www.getresponse.com is a rip off do not use there service, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Re: Matt's Claims

*UPDATE Employee: Response to the complaint filed by "wymedia"

*Consumer Comment: Getresponse Review Deleted My Account

www.getresponse.com calls themselves a email company. They took my money and cancelled my account  in less than 2 weeks and refuse to give a refund. They made up Bogus claims that I was being reported for spam. Using there own reporting system I did not have one single spam report. Do not use this company it appears they are taking your money then just cancelling your account based on bogus claims. They will not even respond to refund complaints as stated in the other complaints about there company. I will have to contact my bank to get the bank to get my money back from this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/25/2012 10:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/getresponsecom/internet/getresponsecom-wwwgetresponsecom-is-a-rip-off-do-not-use-there-service-Internet-959949. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on getresponse.com

Re: Matt's Claims

AUTHOR: Implix - (Poland)

Hi Matt,

I've reviewed your history with GetResponse. The list you brought to GetResponse 360 (which is not our primary consumer platform, but our enterprise platform) had initial and ongoing issues. Our account managers made every effort to help you understand and correct these issues.

It would be counterproductive for us to simply shut down accounts willy-nilly with no due consideration as you suggest -- we don't take such decisions lightly; quite the opposite in fact. If you'd like to speak directly with me, please feel free to contact me via Jim.Ducharme @ GetResponse.com -- I'll be happy to talk with you.

Jim Ducharme
Community Manager

Response to the complaint filed by "wymedia"

AUTHOR: Implix - (Poland)

Dear Sir/Madam,

According to our records the Customer ordered monthly
subscription of our product GetResponse (1 month 10,000
at $65.00) from www.getresponse.com and created the
account with login "wymedia".

Upon signing up for the service on October 15, 2012
the customer agreed to our Terms of Service (non-refund
policy) and Anti-Spam policy :

On October 25, 2012 upon conducting the review of
customer's account by our Compliance Dept., monitoring
system at GetResponse recorded abnormally high negative
metrics (such as spam complaints, bounces and/or unsubscribes).

Our Compliance Dept. decided to suspend customer's
account due to unacceptably high ratio of spam complaints
that customer's campaigns had been generating over a
period of time.

On October 26, 2012 we exceptionally issued a full refund
for the payment of $65.00 and notified the customer via
email they provided upon the sign up.

Thank you for your consideration.

Kind regards,
Malgorzata Koska
Billing Supervisor
Implix/GetResponse Billing Dept.

Getresponse Review Deleted My Account

AUTHOR: Matt - (United States of America)

I had been a customer of Getresponse.com for over 6 years. I had over 190,000 in my list. I probably spent over $10,000 with them up to $800. per month. One day they deleted my account without notice. I had forms on hundreds of pages.

The reason they gave me was that I had too many bounces in my email list. But the job of a third party service is to manage bounces. You can easily set your system to delete hard bounces after 3 bounces. This was their job. I had no way to manage this. So basically they deleted my account because THEY did a bad job of bounce management, the very job they were hired to do.

I tried to work with them to see if there was a solution. They refused to answer my emails for an entire week and they basically said they were not willing to work with me at all. They were quite arrogant as well. It took me weeks to get my system back up with my own autoresponder system. They severely hurt my business.

My take on this is that you just cannot rely on them to manage your email marketing needs for your business. They will delete your account without notice for a variety of reasons that you cannot even control. I do not recommend this company if you are looking for a reliable email marketing company.