Complaint Review: gf performance chips

• Updated: Sat, January 04, 2014

• Reported By: Ben — Las Animas Colorado
gf performance chips
17595 Harvard ste C-194 , Select State/Province USA

gf performance chips gf chips turned a 20 mile trip into a 24 mile trip on my odometer, and did nothing for gas mileage or horsepower Irvine California

I purchased and installed a gf performance chip on my 2005 dodge ram with a 5.7 hemi magnum, the digital computer read out immediately said i went from 14 mpg to 17 mpg.

I also immediately noticed that 2.3 mile trip to town now added 2.8 miles on my odometer. I followed my odometer with state highway mile posts for a week and every mile regesters 1.2 miles on my odometer.

A trip that has been exactly 20 miles for the last 30 years i have been driving it now takes 24 miles. After 400 miles with the gf performance chip on my vehicle, it still adds 1.2 miles to the odometer for every mile driven.

The other problem is that the claim to increase gas mileage and HP is totally bogus. My pickup averaged 14 MPG before installation and after over 400 miles of driving, it still only avarages 14 MPG, BUT the odometer reads more miles than are actually driven so it has decreased the MPG. I urge anyone who is thinking of installing one of these chips to reconsider because the only difference you will see is expense of the chip and a lot more miles on your odometer than you actually drive.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2014 01:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/gf-performance-chips/Select-StateProvince/gf-performance-chips-gf-chips-turned-a-20-mile-trip-into-a-24-mile-trip-on-my-odometer-a-1112934. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on gf performance chips