Complaint Review: GiftCardRescue.com

8370 Court Avenue, Suite 1B Ellicott City, Maryland USA

GiftCardRescue.com Deceptive Advertising Ellicott City Maryland

*Author of original report: PIctures are worth 1000 words

*UPDATE Employee: Disney Merchandise Credit

On their website, they advertise "Discounted Disney Store (Merchandise Credit, Not Disney Rewards) Gift Cards" and picture a Disney gift card.  The first time I bought one, I received what they stated and showed, a Disney gift card.  However, on my second order, they sent me a "Disney Store Merchandise Credit" card.  They neither look like Disney gift cards nor do they function the same.  A Disney gift card can be used at all Disney companies, including Walt Disney World.  A Disney Store Merchandise Credit card can only be used at the Disney Store.

When I brought their deceptive advertising to their attention, they claimed the error was mine not theirs.  If this were my first order, I might understand.  But, on my first order I received what they advertised.  It's the subsequent order that they have not provided me with what they advertised, instead switching it out for a difference card.  The best they would do is allow me to return the order with a 10% restocking charge.  They need to be shut down for deceptive adversting!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/05/2013 10:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GiftCardRescuecom/Ellicott-City-Maryland-21043/GiftCardRescuecom-Deceptive-Advertising-Ellicott-City-Maryland-1097064. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GiftCardRescue.com

PIctures are worth 1000 words

AUTHOR: Ira D. Karmelin - ()

Even your rebuttal shows your deceptive picture.  You have a DISNEY GIFT CARD pictured, not a DISNEY STORE MERCHANDISE CREDIT card.  They are two different things and you should be HONEST in your advertisement.  Instead, you are deceptive, picturing something other than you are selling.  On top of that, my first order was fufilled with a Disney Gift Card.  Your rebuttal does not (and probably cannot) explain why I received a gift card from my first order, which had the same advertisement.  You should take the honorable route, which you have stated you will not, and provide a full and complete refund since your site has the error on it.

Disney Merchandise Credit

AUTHOR: GiftCardRescue - ()

Hello--

I apologize about your poor experience with our company. I've attached a screenshot directly from our website displaying how we advertise our Disney gift cards. This screenshot clearly shows that it is advertised as a Merchandise Credit. The description also explains how these gift cards can be used at disney stores and online at disneystore.com. This does not include anything about the Walt Disney World Parks. Therefore, the advertising was correct and is not deemed deceptive. Since the value on the card is correct and our website states that this is a Merchandise Credit, returning this card will be subject to a 10% restocking fee (as stated in our Terms and Conditions).