Complaint Review: giftcards

• Submitted: Fri, November 09, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, November 09, 2012

• Reported By: swimh20polo — Long Beach California United States of America
giftcards

giftcards A gift card was sent to my address without a return address. Company wanted more information to activate card. Internet

My elderly father received a gift card in the mail with the Master Card logo. A letter was attached with minimal information (Red flag #1). I noticed it had my brother's email address. When I called the phone number, it gave me directions to activate my card. There were two options (Red flag #2 ): 1) Look for an email from the gift card company and follow the directions within it OR 2) Send a text message to a certain phone number.

My father doesn't use text message service under his mobile phone provider. So I called again to speak to support, and they said they couldn't activate my card and they couldn't tell me why I received this gift card or who it is from (Red flag #3). I found that really strange. So I tried looking through his emails and there wasn't a email from the gift card company anywhere. Which forces me to send the company a text message from my mobile device. [continued below]....
..... I called the company again to speak to support and I immediately noticed it was the same person on the phone (Red flag #) and as soon as I spoke, they hung up (Red flag #4).

I provided the phone numbers that were on the letter below.
1-800-973-6671   9AM EST to 9PM EST Monday - Friday
1-888-676-5379   24/7 Voicemail Support - all messges returned within 24 hours

In the fine print at the bottom of the letter, it shows:

Consumer advisory  - Giftcards International Pte Ltd., the holder of the GiftCard stored value facility, does not require the approval of the Monetary Authority of Singapore.

I hope all of this will help in catching the person or people responsible.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/09/2012 09:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/giftcards/internet/giftcards-A-gift-card-was-sent-to-my-address-without-a-return-address-Company-wanted-mor-966828. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on giftcards