Complaint Review: giftcards.com

• Updated: Fri, September 14, 2012

• Reported By: Steve — New York New York United States of America
giftcards.com
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania United States of America

giftcards.com OmniPrepaid, LLC $300 gift card depleted to $0 all by service fees; NO service fees are listed on the card! NOT ONE PURCHASE. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

*UPDATE Employee: GiftCards.com Customer Service Director

I was given an awesome birthday gift by my sister - $300.00 gift card.  She wanted me to take my family out to a Redsox game.

Things have been hectic, so it's been a few years since I could find the time.  Finally went to go use it and I was shocked to find out there is $0.00 balance on the card.

Giftcard.com took all $300 off the card for monthly service fees.  There is NO explanation of the fees anywhere on the card (front or back).

I spoke with their customer service manager and he informed me that in the fine print on the terms and conditions that were sent to my sister it explained the monthly fees.  He has let me know that they can't do anything about the situation.

This stinks; don't get cards from them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2012 11:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/giftcardscom/Pittsburgh-Pennsylvania-15205/giftcardscom-OmniPrepaid-LLC-300-gift-card-depleted-to-0-all-by-service-fees-NO-servi-939623. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on giftcards.com

GiftCards.com Customer Service Director

AUTHOR: Happy Employee - (United States of America)

At GiftCards.com, we take a great deal of pride in doing everything we can to ensure that all of our customers have the best possible experience. We strive for 100% satisfaction for all of our customer's experiences.

I am actually the person that spoke with the gentleman that has filed this review.

Unfortunately, the information that he provided is not exactly 100% correct.

I, of course, never suggested that the fees that apply to our cards are in the "fine print" of the terms and conditions that arrive with each card.

As with all prepaid gift cards, there are fees that are applicable to the card that was purchased for him.

We do everything we can to make sure that we are providing every customer with all information regarding usage and fees of the card they receive. We include the fees on the document to which the card is attached. In addition, we send a detailed document with every card that includes ALL terms and conditions that apply to the card.

In addition, our toll free number is printed on the back of every card we send out. We provide customer service 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to answer any and all questions a customer may have.

We truly take all reasonable steps to make sure that our customers are fully informed.

Unfortunately, in this instance, the customer received the card, and for whatever reason, did not avail himself of all of the information we provide. Then the card was apparently placed in a drawer for "a few years".

I feel badly that the circumstances are what they are, but do not feel this customer is  accurately or fairly communicating all of the facts of the situation.

Tom Cribbs