Complaint Review: giftcards.com

• Updated: Fri, December 30, 2011

• Reported By: fcouple — Sag Harbor New York United States of America
giftcards.com

giftcards.com CANCELLATION FEE FOR AN ITEM THAT WAS NOT DELIVERED Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: delivery by usps

*UPDATE Employee: Here to help

I suffered the same exact thing that happened in this previous case:

I ordered on December 12, the expected delivery is Dec. 24th and on my third call, I was asked to wait until Friday for the delivery.

After trying to reason out with the customer service representatives, I was advised to call on specific times so I can speak to a supervisor or manager. I think it is your obligation to the consumers to call them in cases like these.

I think that the cancellation fee should not be charged to the consumers who did NOT receive the goods that they ordered.

They keep on saying that they don't have control over USPS, but then again, they should scrap USPS from their list of shipping services since this same scenario has been ongoing for 4 years now and giftcards.com has not done anything change it!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2011 06:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/giftcardscom/internet/giftcardscom-CANCELLATION-FEE-FOR-AN-ITEM-THAT-WAS-NOT-DELIVERED-Internet-815086. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on giftcards.com

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

delivery by usps

AUTHOR: giftcardscom - (United States of America)

We havew been selling Visa gift cards online for 8 years as of today, 2011.  We have sold millions of them, and have very few complaints compared to the number sold.  Though, we dont like any complaints.  We have always offered more than USPS as a delivery option.  We offer FedEx with 3 day, 2 day and next day.  All with tracking numbers.  All slightly more than the USPS first class.  After feeling the same frustration as you did, we worked to offer USPS delivery confirmation ($1).  We also added language on the site, saying - please be sure you want to trust the USPS for your delivery, as we cannot gaurnatee the delivery.  I am not sure what more we can do for shipping options.

Here to help

AUTHOR: Mark_Romanelli - (United States of America)

I'm sorry you did not receive your Gift Card in time.  We do offer multiple shipping options through FedEx and USPS.  It sounds that you choose USPS regular mail which of course we, nor any merchant, has control over the delivery time unfortunately.  We do not charge a cancellation fee prior to shipment of your order.  All shipped orders are non-refundable since we are sending Visa & MasterCard Gift Cards which are a target for frauders.

In any case, we don't want to see anyone unhappy with our service/product, so if you would can contact me at 877-944-3822 ext 9201 I'd be happy to help.