publicly

• Submitted: Mon, December 03, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, January 16, 2013

• Reported By: jdeffp — vancouver British Columbia Canada
gifttreae.com
1800 W. Fourth Plain Blvd. Vancouver Washington 98660 San Diego, California United States of America

gifttreae.com BAIT and SWITCH date of DELIVERY is misleading advertising gifttree.com they BAIT you with PHOTO then do NOT deliver on ORDERED delivery date 4 days later in the areas they advertise online nor deliver the PRoduct(s) you would gladly pay for to receive San Diego, California

*UPDATE Employee: GiftTree Response

*General Comment: What are you really mad about?

I found a website that i THOUGHT was a good deal namely a gift basket site to send a birthday gift and it turns out its centralized and FEDEX shipping
problem is you dont get whats on the site if your in a rush and while there website promises a DAy of delivery on it
to draw you INTO the site to look
they cannot deliver 99% of there product on the specified date online
100% false advertising

i had searched google and called them in advance and they guaranteed they could deliver within 4 days advance of my order. so great i was set. But there links stated they were in San Diego

well i found out the gift basket from www.gifttree.com and not www.giftreae.com

they are in vancouver washington central office and more of a call center
there products all SAY a deliver day on them on the website but i ordered 4 days in advance of a delivery date
and they could not guarantee that date
so instead they delivered today. [continued below]....
....... the 3rd day... and guess what they did... they said keep the basket and refunded me 100% including shipping because in reality if they cannot deliver a basket within 4 days with advertising over night delivery then NO one in usa canada or mexico should be buying this way?

so what i found out is this
alot of there product is made in a huge single wharehouse in terms of packaging
then its shipped and stored in wharehouse but if you go to their website you'll see that there is a price range slider
so i selected a basket range between 50-70$ and paid ultimately for a birthday basket and the order rep cold not offer me a birthday basket within 4 days of my order cornucopia instead telling me they are NOT located near the deliver address & the basket but when it was delivered it did not even LOOK like a birthday nor the cornucopia basket and this is what they charged me 75$ for. First they offered me a 20$ discount for it then they refunded me and BANNEd me from ordering on their site again after I told them I loved 5 of their products but none of which could be delivered within 4 days of San Diego - Cleary there WEBSITE tactics while global in nature are no where near as accurate as a small delivery shop wanting to build on reputation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2012 07:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/gifttreaecom/San-Diego-California-91910/gifttreaecom-BAIT-and-SWITCH-date-of-DELIVERY-is-misleading-advertising-gifttreecom-the-977581. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on gifttreae.com

GiftTree Response

AUTHOR: Shawna - (USA)

Dear jdeffp,

I can see that this has been a very frustrating experience for you.  I would be frustrated too, if I were trying to send a birthday basket and could not get what I wanted to the recipient in the desired time.  It looks like you needed to get your gift to the recipient quickly, but did not want to expedite the shipping, so you were referred to a hand-delivered gift, which is filled and delivered by one of our amazing local design centers.  For the future, please know that we list the earliest date we could get the gift to your recipient, which may require expedited shipping in some cases--this is what you were looking at.

After looking at your account, I can see that you requested delivered to take place on the 3rd, or 4th before noon.  I can see that the fruit basket was delivered on the 3rd, since we can not guarantee time requests--we wanted to make sure we met your original deadline.

I would like to apologize for the frustration and disappointment that you felt with this process.  We value all of our customers, and it pains us to hear when we did not meet expectations.  I hope that you will accept our sincerest apologies.

Thanks so much!
Kari D

#2 General Comment

What are you really mad about?

AUTHOR: Jheckman - (United States of America)

I honestly don't understand what your upset about. I personally would be doing cartwheels if i got a package a day early, it's a rare thing for me. It sounds as if you are upset that they delivered it too early and so you probably screamed some poor call center girls head off and so she tried to work it out with you but you insisted upon being a complete *****. So in a final effort to get you out fo their way they refunded 100% and banned you, frankly i would have done the same thing.

Am i getting warm?

Of course reading your complaint is pretty difficult, the level of grammar and wording suggests someone who never left kindergarten or someone who is drunk. My advice would be to have someone from your family help you to rewrite your rebuttal to replace this one as i don't think anyone would be able to understand it. i sure don't!