Complaint Review: Gill's Small Engine, Inc.

• Submitted: Thu, April 10, 2014
  • Updated: Thu, April 10, 2014

• Reported By: coastiemom1975 — Pearland Texas
Gill's Small Engine, Inc.
1615 West Adoue Street Alvin, Texas USA

Gill's Small Engine, Inc. Refused to see replacement part for Toro mower unless I brought the mower in and let them do the work. Alvin Texas

*UPDATE Employee: WARRANTY RELATED ISSUE

My 4 yr old Toro Z4200 mower needed a new muffler.  I went Gills and had one ordered; went in paid for it and brought it home where my son put it on.  Before we could get the entire yard mowed, the new muffler broke in the same manner as the old one had broken.  It was rusted inside.  I removed the "new" muffler and took it back to Gills.  Initially they were very willing to order another one for me, and told me to hold onto my original receipt because it proved I had already paid for the new part when it came in.  When I went back to pick up the newly received muffler, it was an entirely different story.

The same woman who had been so understanding and agreeable now refused to give me the muffler at all, even though I had the receipt and she had been the person who had taken back the "new" one that broke.  She insisted that she couldn't just sell me a part unless I brought the mower for their repair shop to do the work on it.  The mower is out of warranty and she knew that.  Finally after harsh words and arguing it became obvious that she wasn't going to sell me the part so I demanded my money back.  She was reluctant to give it to me, but finally she did.  Won't ever go back to Gills for anything.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/10/2014 06:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gills-Small-Engine-Inc/Alvin-Texas-77511/Gills-Small-Engine-Inc-Refused-to-see-replacement-part-for-Toro-mower-unless-I-brought-1137718. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gill's Small Engine, Inc.

WARRANTY RELATED ISSUE

AUTHOR: GILLS SMALL ENGINE - ()

SERVICE PARTS MAINTAIN A SEPERATE WARRANTY FROM THE UNIT AS A WHOLE. UNFORTUNATELY IN ORDER FOR WARRANTY TO BE FILED ON A PART, WORK MUST BE COMPLETED BY AN APPROVED WARRANTY CENTER.  THERE MAY BE ADDITIONAL SUPPORT BRACKETS MISSING WHICH MAY BE CAUSING THE REPEAT FAILURE OF THIS PART. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO HAVE US CORRECT THE ISSUE PLEASE COME IN AND WE WILL BE GLAD TO ASSIST YOU.