Complaint Review: Giovanni Gradilone

• Updated: Mon, September 16, 2013

• Reported By: Lefty — Calgary Alberta
Giovanni Gradilone
6727 Huntsbay Drive NW, Calgary, AB t2k 4r2 Calgary, Alberta Canada

Giovanni Gradilone, Johnny, Right Here Contracting, Builders Dream Inc Took a Deposit and Ran Calgary Alberta

*Consumer Comment: Giovanni Completed Job as Promised

*Author of original report: Giovanni Gradilone

I recently hired this person to do some concrete work to my place. His name is Giovanni Gradilone, he is also known as Johnny Gradilone. He claimed to be working for a company called Builders Dream Inc. I found out he is actually an independent contractor and the owner of Right Here Contracting thanks to the Better Business Bureau. [continued below]....

..... I met him at my place for a quote, he estimated my job to cost $9400.00. It was a great deal considering other guys who quoted me at $12000.00 and up. After speaking with my wife we decided to go ahead with Giovanni. He asked for a 50% deposit down in order to get started and so we wrote him a cheque. He told us it would be a week before he get started. A month had gone by and no work was done. He did explain that he was backed up, which seemed reasonable at the time. It was another month later that no work was done so I started to ask for my money back so that I can hire someone else to do the job. It was then that Giovanni started to avoid my calls, never ansewring my calls, or returning my calls.

I called every day, atleast 10 to 20 times a day for the next 3 weeks and nothing. Months later and still no work done and $4600.00 of our money gone. I would never wish this kind of stress on anyone, that is why I am recommeding that if you ever come across this person for any kind of concrete sevices, be sure to send him on his way. After doing my research, I found out he has done this many times before, thanks again to the Better Business Bureau. You can read about this indivdual for yourself at the BBB online. My wife and I are not impressed at all and would never recommend this person to anyone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/15/2013 02:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Giovanni-Gradilone/Calgary-Alberta-T3K4R2/Giovanni-Gradilone-Johnny-Right-Here-Contracting-Builders-Dream-Inc-Took-a-Deposit-and-1084712. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Giovanni Gradilone

Giovanni Completed Job as Promised

AUTHOR: Ken T - (Canada)

Oct 21, 2016. My wife and I found Giovanni through Kijiji. We wanted to hire him for building a concrete pad. He came over to give us an estimate, which was very fair, and lower than other bidders. As with the original report, Giovanni wanted half payment up front to pay for the concrete. I agreed to pay with certified cheque. When I searched his name, we found this original RipOff Report. We called him to say we weren't comfortable giving any money up front. But when we met with Giovanni, we felt comfortable with him. So when he promised to do the work up front and receive payment after completion, we agreed.

He did the work on time, as promised, and to our satisfaction. We're thankful for the original report which alerted us to take precautions. If I hire contractors to work on my house, they aren't legally allowed to ask for money up front, and ultimately I am not comfortable paying up front. I don't know all that transpired with the original report's customer, but our experience with Giovanni was a good one, and i would recommend him to others.

Giovanni Gradilone

AUTHOR: Lefty - ()

I recently hired this person to do some concrete work to my place. His name is Giovanni Gradilone, he is also known as Johnny Gradilone.He claimed to be working for a company called Builders Dream Inc. I found out he is actually an independent contractor and the owner of Right Here Contracting thanks to the Better Business Bureau.I met him at my place for a quote, he estimated my job to cost $9400.00. It was a great deal considering other guys who quoted me at $12000.00 and up. After speaking with my wife we decided to go ahead with Giovanni. He asked for a 50% deposit down in order to get started and so we wrote him a cheque. He told us it would be a week before he get started.

A month had gone by and no work was done. He did explain that he was backed up, which seemed reasonable at the time. It was another month later that no work was done so I started to ask for my money back so that I can hire someone else to do the job. It was then that Giovanni started to avoid my calls, never ansewring my calls, or returning my calls.I called every day, atleast 10 to 20 times a day for the next 3 weeks and nothing.

Months later and still no work done and $4600.00 of our money gone. I would never wish this kind of stress on anyone, that is why I am recommeding that if you ever come across this person for any kind of concrete sevices, be sure to send him on his way. After doing my research, I found out he has done this many times before, thanks again to the Better Business Bureau. You can read about this indivdual for yourself at the BBB online. My wife and I are not impressed at all and would never recommend this person to anyone.