Complaint Review: Glacierware MFG Inc.

• Submitted: Sat, June 26, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, July 07, 2010

• Reported By: Rosemac — Midway Georgia United States of America
Glacierware MFG Inc.
142 Pleasent Street, East Hampton, Massachusetts United States of America

Glacierware MFG Inc. Didn't send what I paid for and empty promises East Hampton, Massachusetts

*Author of original report: Problem resolved

On March 29, 2010, I ordered a set of four ice and cold glasses from Glacierware mfg., Inc. After a month and not receiving my order I started to call them. At first I left them a number of messages that were not returned. Then when I finally got a human on the phone, I spoke to a very nice and polite man.

He told me that he was very sorry and the reason why I had not received them was because the glass liner inserts were on back order from the company that they order them from. He assured me that they would be in "that" friday and my order would be mailed.

After another long period went by and still no glassses, I called back only to get the same answering machine and my calls not returned. When I managed to get the same man back on the phone after a number of tries he told me again, that he was very sorry but the glasses were still not in. I then asked him if they had the ice and cold mugs without the glass inserts and he said that they did. I instructed him to just go ahead and send me the mugs and as soon as the inserts were in to mail them to me. That way I would have something.

I told him to go ahead and charge me for them but to send them when they get them. He said that he would but he was only going to charge me for the mugs and when the glasses came in then I would be charged the $9.00 for them seperately.  I agreed and I saw a bill on my debit the next day for the full amount and I figured that they must have gotten in the glass inserts.

In a matter of days my order arrived and I received my 4 mugs, however they did not have the glass inserts. I called them and again went through the prosess of leaving messages in vain. I finally kept on calling and I spoke to the same, very nice man. I explained that I received my mugs without the glass inserts and was charged for them as well. I explained that it was fine with me but to send them to me as soon as they got them in.

He appologized and said that he has me first on the mailing list. I since have called several more times and when I can get someone on the phone I am told each and every week that they will be here on friday. Well that was 13 fridays ago and I still don't have my glasses. They will not return my calls either. I am sure that when I do get a human on the phone I will get some song and dance excuse. "They have been on vacation" or something.

I used to own my own business and if it was my company, I would have setteled this way before now. If the company that they order them from can't deliver then find another one that wants your business. If not then have someone that works for you that handles these type of problems and at the least offer them something else for their money. Even if at a loss to them. I would have gladly excepted something else. If they would have called me back and offered me a "slushmug" at a $3.00 loss for them. I would have gladly excepted that.

If that were the case then they would not be reading this. Then when they finally got in the glasses, give a call and let the customer know and then send them to them on good faith and wait for their check. Now that would be good business!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2010 02:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Glacierware-MFG-Inc/East-Hampton-Massachusetts-01027/Glacierware-MFG-Inc-Didnt-send-what-I-paid-for-and-empty-promises-East-Hampton-Massach-617743. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Glacierware MFG Inc.

Problem resolved

AUTHOR: Rosemac - (United States of America)

As I first wrote in my original complaint. I can't get the glasses. The reason for this is because the company that they get them from won't or can't send them to Glacierware. On week 14 of waiting, I called again and the same very nice man answered. I found out that his name is Tim. He explained to me that they still can't get the glasses and told me that he would send me a check for my $9.00. I told him that I would like a "Slushmug" instead. I said even if I have to pay the extra $3.00. He told me that he would be glad to send me a Slushmug at no extra cost. Then offered me a choice of colors. I told him to just surprise me! I am now satisfied and YES I will do business with Glacierware again! I just won't order any glass inserts!