Complaint Review: Global Client Solutions

• Submitted: Sun, December 14, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, December 17, 2008

• Reported By:Astoria New York
Global Client Solutions
9820 East 41st Street Sutie 400 Tulsa, Oklahoma U.S.A.

Global Client Solutions A silent partner in scamming, a trojan horse for debt settlement companies Tulsa Oklahoma

*Author of original report: BBB response from Global Client Solutions. Typical.

Global Client Solutions is a third party organization often used by debt settlement companies. They are the paying agent, setting up an account with Rocky Mountain Bank and debiting fees from the account and paying the Debt Settlement company.

What happens if the Debt Settlement company stiffs you? Well don't ask Global to investigate your claim of fraud as they will claim they can't do anything. And don't call the Bank, they'll just refer you to Global Client Solutions.

The after much protest I did get my account notated that I'm filing a complaint about fraud, Global Client Solutions doesn't even have a process in place for this type of problem. Below is a synopsis of what happened:

On 12/11/08 I called Global Client Solutions. I requested that my account be notated that National Settlements (aka National Estate Planning, National Tax Solutions) has committed fraud, and has stolen 12,309 from me. She indignantly questioned my claim, and responded that they were only the paying agent and had no responsibility in the matter.

I told her I needed the account notated because I was now obligated to call the Attorney General as well as the FBI. She said that they had no process in place for a situation like this and that she would call the settlement company for me, I told her to go ahead and get National Settlements on the phone, that I would love to talk to them.

After a minute, she returned on the phone and said she could not reach anyone and could only leave a message. I replied, I'm not surprised.

She then questioned the manner in which I contact National Settlements, to which I replied, I call them, a secretary answers, she pretends to get Charles McGuire on the phone and after a few seconds she responds, he's unavailable or he just stepped, or he's not in today. Would you like to leave a message?

I told the customer service rep at Global/Rocky Mountain Bank that I always leave a message. She asked how long this was going on and I told her, 8 months.

I asked about filing a complaint with Rocky Mountain Bank, she responded that they would only refer you to Global Clients Solutions.

So I've learned, if I have this correct, the FDIC insured bank will not take responsibility if your money is stolen, will not even investigate the claim but they'll refer you to the paying agent who will also not take responsibility in helping you recover your money.

So, any debt settlement company for that matter, can hide behind Global Client Solutions and Rocky Mountain Bank, who are able to claim that they can't help you. There is no consumer fraud department in place. They just help the defrauders collect their money.

So as a result, I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau against Global Client Solutions 12/13/08 and the FTC as well as the IAC on 12/14/08.

NY
Astoria, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2008 04:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Global-Client-Solutions/Tulsa-Oklahoma-74146/Global-Client-Solutions-A-silent-partner-in-scamming-a-trojan-horse-for-debt-settlement-c-401285. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Global Client Solutions

BBB response from Global Client Solutions. Typical.

AUTHOR: NY - (U.S.A.)

Below is a response from Global Client Solutions regarding my complaint with the BBB. Being that this complaint was filed on the 15th of December, their response is lightning fast. I suspect this is not the first inquiry from the BBB. This is the response you can expect, cut and copied verbatim from the BBB complaint sent via e-mail, blanks represent my name:

Dear_________:

Thank you for your letter of December 15, 2008 relating to _________'s account with Rocky Mountain Bank and Trust (''RMBT''). Global Client Solutions, LLC (''Global'') is the third party processor for _________'s account at RMBT which was opened by _________to facilitate the repayment of certain financial obligations under the debt management program administered by National Settlements Inc.
RMBT and Global respectfully deny the allegations against RMBT and Global as set forth in __________complaint. Neither RMBT nor Global offer or provide debt settlement or negotiation services. Global is an agent of RMBT, an FDIC insured bank. ________is a customer of RMBT. The relationship between __________and Global, as an agent of RMBT, was solely a banking relationship. Global has only collected the $5.00 account setup fee and the $7.50 monthly account maintenance fees from ___________. Any other fees or charges assessed against ____________ account were made pursuant to the relationship between National Settlements Inc. and ____________. Any disputes regarding those amounts should be addressed between ____________ and National Settlements Inc.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Respectfully yours,
Brent Hampton
Global Client Solutions, LLC
V.P. & General Counsel
918-746-3230
[email protected]

My response was sent today the 17th of December 2008:

My complaint with Global Client Solutions is that they will not investigate my claim of fraud against National Settlements. I understand that they are a 3rd party, however, the FDIC insured bank, Rocky Mountain Bank, will only refer me to Global Client Solutions and, as well, will not investigate my claim of fraud against National Settlements either.
How is this an honest business practice? My account was debited without any services being rendered, an account with Rocky Mountain Bank via Global Client Soltions; and I have years of bank statements in my name to prove this. Statements that list a phone number for any inquiries regarding this account, a phone number that transfers you to Global Client Solutions.
Why is this okay for the FDIC-insured bank and the paying agent to refuse to investigate my claim of fraud and claim they are not liable? Global Client Solutions is essentially, a party involved with National Settlements, and their very convenient position is to deny any liability.
Global Client Solutions was paid a fee, not including the monthly Rocky Mountain bank charges of which Brent Hampton mentions, for these transactions on my account, a fee that I paid for via National Settlements. I can assure you, all this work Global Client Solutions did for this account was not done for free. And it was my money, via National Settlements, that paid their fee.
I will be filing a complaint with the Attorney General of OK regarding Global Client Solutions's patnerships with debt settlement companies, their participation in aiding and abetting companies that engage in fraud, and their very convenient position to deny any liability.
Until this industry is regulated, customers such as myself will continue to be vulnerable to predatory settlement companies and their eager partners who conveniently claim that they are in no way liable or even tangentially a party to fraud.