Complaint Review: GLOBAL DIAMOND WHOLESALERS

• Updated: Sat, March 03, 2012

• Reported By: RRAVI — NEW ALBANY Ohio United States of America
GLOBAL DIAMOND WHOLESALERS
NORTH BRUNSWICK, Ohio United States of America

GLOBAL DIAMOND WHOLESALERS GLOBAL DIAMONDS 3 ON EBAY, GOT ROYALLY CHEATED AND VERBALLY ABUSED BY NANCY KOWAL OWNER OF GLOBAL DIAMOND WHOLESALERS NORTH BRUNSWICK, Ohio

*Consumer Comment: Know your certification groups

*Author of original report: check my feedback on ebay rajmeg

*Consumer Comment: WHATEVER

*Author of original report: Nancy Talking

*Consumer Comment: Honest Diamond Dealer

I purchased a pair of solitaire diamond earrings from a dealer called Nancy Kowal From Global Fine Diamonds Wholesalers from North Brunswick, NJ.

I ordered a 2.04ctw Platinum Diamond earrings color F and clarity VS for $8700.  I was promised that I would get a EGL, NY certificate and all her stuff comes with a money back guarantee.

When I received the diamond earrings one the backs of the platinum diamonds studs was broken. I called herand she asked me to take it to a jeweler and get it fixed. I took it to Gold and Diamonds, Inc in Gahanna, OH. The owner who is quite a learned mantold me that these diamonds have come with a EGL international from Seoulcertificate and the diamonds do not look like the color and clarity as stated.

I took the pair of earrings to one of the most reputed appraisers  in Columbus http://www. [continued below]....
.....northernappraisal.com/ and
it was appraised by Mitchell Dustin, Graduate Gemologist (GIA).

The EGL International certificate states the diamonds as
1. 1.01ctw  F in color and VS2 in clarity.
2. 1.03 ctw F in color and VS2 in clarity.

The appraisal from Mr. Dustin came as
1.  1.01 ctw G in color and SI2 in clarity.
2. 1.03ctw  G in color and I1 in clarity.

I called  Nancy Kowal, the owner of Global Diamond Wholesalers  and told her that I need to return the diamond earrings. She asked me to mail it and would give me a refund in 24hrs. I spent $150 and sent it insured to her by UPS overnite. She refused to accept the parcel and then called me and  and she abused me with all the cuss words on the phone called me a liar and told me she will not accept the return and told me that she does not trust any appraiser and her appraisal is right.

I am now in a fix. I send her a check and paid her, check payable to her company.  I do not know how to get a refund.  I have a copy of the check I sent her, the fedex cover she mailed it, recorded phone conversations of her using abusive words.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2012 10:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GLOBAL-DIAMOND-WHOLESALERS/NORTH-BRUNSWICK-Ohio-43054/GLOBAL-DIAMOND-WHOLESALERS-GLOBAL-DIAMONDS-3-ON-EBAY-GOT-ROYALLY-CHEATED-AND-VERBALLY-AB-847042. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GLOBAL DIAMOND WHOLESALERS

Know your certification groups

AUTHOR: Cold Mama - ()

I too have purchased from GFD via EBay with nothing but the best service.  The problem you describe, other than the broken back on the earring, is one that has to do with the different certifying agencies.  While EGL is a reputable certifying agency, they are not as strict as GIA - the standard many fine jewlers use for their own apprasal.  If EGL issued a certificate, that is how the stone is sold.  Reading up on the differences in grading strictness might have saved you your heartache.  I've read many places that you have to give an EGL or an IGI certified diamond 2 lower classes of wiggle room if you want to compare it to a GIA or even an AGS certified diamond.

check my feedback on ebay rajmeg

AUTHOR: RRAVI - (United States of America)

I have been purchasing on ebay for more than a decade under user name rajmeg. You dont know me so you cant make a statement like this and this is between me and the company and no between me and some grandma in texas.

WHATEVER

AUTHOR: bayoucitygrandma - (United States of America)

I'm in Texas and my name is Susan. You can try to dispute facts but not my identity. I have purchased from Nancy on Ebay numerous times and am wearing two pairs of her diamond studs as I type. I love them. My 8 year old granddaughter wears a pair of .80 studs and my daughter and nephew have both purchased engagement rings from her - all of which were at a fraction of the cost of a lesser quality at a retail store.  Sorry you are not pleased with yours but it looks like your gripe is with EGL or perhaps the person who disputed the EGL cert...

I have also spoken to her on the phone on numerous occasions and found her charming. She is extremely savvy about diamonds and I trust her totally. In my opinion, some people want something for nothing and can't be pleased no matter what.

Nancy Talking

AUTHOR: RRAVI - (United States of America)

This does not look like the customer talking, this looks like Nancy is talking.

Honest Diamond Dealer

AUTHOR: bayoucitygrandma - (United States of America)

I have bought numerous diamonds from Nancy in the past year. They have all exceeded my expectations at a fraction of what I would've had to pay a retail jeweler. I have spoken to her many times and she is very congenial - I can't imagine her being upset with a customer unprovoked.

Aren't EGL stones etched with the numbers that correspond to the EGL cert? That would pretty much close the case if the numbers on the earrings match the paperwork. I can't imagine that one could argue with that!

To sum up - I am thrilled with all of my purchases as is every buyer I have referred to Global Wholesalers! We feel honored to be able to deal with a diamond broker of Nancy's integrity. I am able to afford to buy wholesale as an individual and that says a lot.

Tell the person complaining to price even the lower rated stones at a retail store. She won't be able to touch a platinum pair at the price she paid. I took my granddaughter's studs into a mall store and every stone they had looked gray next to hers for triple the cost!