Complaint Review: Global Health & Fitness / Chad Tackett / Global-fitness.com

• Updated: Mon, December 13, 2010

• Reported By: Ish — Bonville Other Australia
Global Health & Fitness / Chad Tackett / Global-fitness.com
12550 SE 93rd Ave. Suite 210 Clackamas, Oregon United States of America

Global Health & Fitness / Chad Tackett / Global-fitness.com GHF Gym Makes Unauthorised Grab for Membership Money! Clackamas, Oregon

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Just not true

Last year (2008) I undertook a trial online gym membership with Global Health and Fitness. Naively I supplied my credit card details because of course they won't give you the trial otherwise.

I did not go on to purchase a membership because I did not like their format or presentations.

Surprise 18 months later I get an email thanking me for my membership and my account has been debited of $72 plus cents! I have emailed and complained to the company that I did not authorise this and want my money back. Well their response is to offer me 3 months free membership or cancellation because apparently I ticked some box that said that I would automatically renew my membership. But no mention of returning the money they stole from me!

I don't really now what part of I don't want a membership with your gym they don't understand but  if it isn't a scam and they were an ethical company they would be happy to return my money and apologise for their behaviour. Obviusly however they are not ethical and are going to rely on some box that I allegedly ticked to keep my money. I would also like to know how can I renew a mmbership that I never took out in the first place?

I mean how is it with all these automated emails that they send out this business cannot send you a reminder that your alleged membership is about to expire and ask if you would like to renew. Oh no they make sure they take your money first and then send you an automatic email thanking you. How dare they!

Global Health and Fitness are nothing more than grifters, cheats and thieves. So don't be fooled into accepting any free trial with them because they will wait until you have forgotten all about them and then they will pounce on your money and you get stuck with a dud product that you don't want!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/06/2009 11:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Global-Health-Fitness-Chad-Tackett-Global-fitnesscom/Clackamas-Oregon-97015/Global-Health-Fitness-Chad-Tackett-Global-fitnesscom-GHF-Gym-Makes-Unauthorised-Gra-491153. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Global Health & Fitness / Chad Tackett / Global-fitness.com

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Just not true

AUTHOR: Chad - (United States of America)

We always make what you're signing up for very clear... we always reply to inquiries right away... and we always refund immediately whenever someone is not happy. These claims just aren't true and we have more than 1,000 success stories and testimonials from more than 100 countries around the world to vouch for us.