distinction

• Updated: Sat, July 06, 2013

• Reported By: mysterylectricity — San Francisco California
Global Tel*Link
P.O. Box 2827 Mobile, Alabama USA

Global Tel*Link GTL Global Tel* Link Offender Connect Offender, Connect AdvancePay $5 Refund Fee Not Disclosed in Terms of Service Mobile Alabama

I called the 877 number on my CC card bill to ask for a refund. I was informed that there would be a $5 "cancellation" fee. This fee was not disclosed at the time I purchased that service.

I decided to do a little research. I called to set up a new account. The voice prompts made it clear the agreement was detailed in the "Terms of Use" and "Privacy Policy" detailed at offenderconnect.com.

The "Terms of Use" deos not mentioned the $5 cancellation fee.

I called customer service and pointed this out. The representative pointed me to the "Frequently Asked Questions" menu, wherein the fee is mentioned. The representative asserted that the fee was "clearly" mentioned on the site.

I beg to differ. The voice prompt did not say the terns were governed by the "Terms of Use" and infromation contained in the FAQ.

Elsewhere in the FAQ it clearly states that refund requests must be made in writing, and that refunds to credit cards cannot be made. However, I was able to get a refund over the phone and to my CC, less the $5.

They indicated I should see my refund "within 30 days", also unacceptable in my opinion and not mentioned in the Terms of Use.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/06/2013 03:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Global-TelLink/Mobile-Alabama-36652/Global-TelLink-GTL-Global-Tel-Link-Offender-Connect-Offender-Connect-AdvancePay-5-Ref-1064910. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Global Tel*Link