Complaint Review: Global Test Market

• Updated: Sun, October 02, 2011

• Reported By: anon — New Smyrna Beach Florida United States of America
Global Test Market
Internet, Rhode Island United States of America

Global Test Market Global Test Surveys scam, mail fraud, fraud, bad check, fake check, fake survey, work at home scam Internet, Rhode Island

I had virtually the same experience as a couple of other reports here.  I received a check for $3990 (something like that) and given instructions to deposit the check, wait for it to clear, call for instructions for my first job which would be a mystery shopper assignment for western union.  I would be allowed to keep $200 of the money for my work.  Further mystery shopper assignments and surveys would follow, the letter said, for either Lowes, JC Penney, or K-mart (again, something like that).

I have been sitting on it for a few days because I knew it certainly had to be too good to be true, but I have not had the time yet to investigate further.  When I typed the info in to google, I was immediately directed here and found other complaints of the same nature along with other problems people have had with the same company.

I only wanted to add myself as another potential victim of this obvious scam of a company and add my story to lend credence to other complaints listed against them either previous or future. I certainly am glad I checked here first--this saved me a lot of time instead of trying to look up the bank, call the number, email contact, etc. Fortunately another complainant had already done all this so this has been very helpful information.

Someone more naive than I could easily be taken in by this scam; as mentioned by others, the check is real as can be (although from a closed account, but how would anyone not suspicious even wonder about that). Also, the letter was very professionally written, with addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, names, and clear instructions. Many scams of this type are easily transparent because of poor grammar or spelling, lack of any concrete information, instructions, or contact methods.

The only tip-off that it is indeed a scam is that first, the method resembles the same type of thing you would get from one of those Nigerian emails, but since it all seemed so legit, the main indicator is that 'this is too good to be true' feeling you get in your gut; an intuition that has thankfully been confirmed by the due diligence of others here who took the time to dig a little deeper. I'm glad I came here first because I was saved from doing all that research myself.  Thank you, both to previous reporters and to this website as well!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2011 08:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Global-Test-Market/Internet-Rhode-Island-/Global-Test-Market-Global-Test-Surveys-scam-mail-fraud-fraud-bad-check-fake-check-fak-783801. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Global Test Market