Complaint Review: Global Test Market

• Updated: Sun, April 06, 2014

• Reported By: KR — Norristown Pennsylvania
Global Test Market
PO Box 341 Toronto, Ontario Canada

Global Test Market Global Solutions Exploits Check Clearing Times Toronto Ontario

I wish I had checked RipoffReport first like the previous report's author did, (Debbie).

I also received a letter from a "Mystery Shopping" company located in Toronto, ON, Canada. The return address said, "Global Solutions." On the letter inside, the name was, "Global Test Market," and the address was in Imperial, MO. It also contained a check for $1,095.00 but this was drawn on a New York bank, not TX.

This was also related to a "Mystery Shopping assignment." They offered a choice of money-transfer services, either ReloadIt or MoneyPak. Because I chose ReloadIt, they told me to buy the cards at Home Depot, which was within 2 miles of me.

The letter said that the "offer" of a "trial assignment" would expire within 48 hours of my first call, so I did not call them or deposit the check for about a week, because of my work schedule. I deposited it on a Thursday and called them on Saturday. The number was supposedly for a "supervisor" of my Mystery Shopping assignment. I spoke to a man named Daniel.

He asked me to make sure the funds were available, so I checked my account online and they were. I thought that this meant the check had actually cleared. He then asked me to withdraw $995, (supposedly leaving $100 for myself), as the ReloadIt cards had to be purchased with cash. I cashed a check for that amount on Saturday and called Daniel again, per his instructions.

He gave me the "Mystery Shopping instructions," telling me to buy two ReloadIt cards for $480 and $500. I was to report how easy it was to find the product in the store, and whether the cashier told me about additional promotions if the amount was for $500. (She did not, of course.) I called him after purchasing the cards, as requested, and gave him the two numbers from the scratch-offs on the back of the cards. It is pretty obvious that once I did this, they had the money very quickly.

I was asked to mail them the two cards - but I made copies first. On Monday, my bank rejected the $1,095 check because it was "Altered/Fictitious" - but I did not know this until I received the bank's letter on Thursday. I immediately filed a police report and contacted ReloadIt and they said they will work with the police.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/06/2014 04:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Global-Test-Market/Toronto-Ontario-M8V3C3/Global-Test-Market-Global-Solutions-Exploits-Check-Clearing-Times-Toronto-Ontario-1136794. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Global Test Market