Complaint Review: Global Vacation Network

• Updated: Wed, December 26, 2012

• Reported By: Brad t — Kalamazoo Michigan United States of America
Global Vacation Network
Grand Rapids, Michigan United States of America

Global Vacation Network Run Away this is a SCAM, anf RIP OFF Grand Rapids , Michigan

*Consumer Comment: Not sure it maters

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: gvn

*Consumer Comment: Stacy Barz

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Stacy Priest

*Consumer Comment: gvn

*Consumer Comment: Stacy at GVN

*Consumer Comment: Good grief

We went to this presentation with real interest and wanted to gain some knowledge. The gifts were secondary. Jason presented the program and again we were interested. We got into the back with Stacy and she could not answer any questions we had. She kept yelling RANDY. I guess he was in charge. Extremely rude, we lost interest pretty fast. We told them we were not interested 12 differant ways before he went to register us for our gifts for coming.

Thirty minutes later we told them they could keep there gifts, because we were leaving. They basically through a letter at us to mail in for our gifts. I am going to mail it in, but not holding my breathe. I figure they owe me and my wife three hours of our life back. This company is high presure sales and unless you become rude back will not let up. Things they are "you are just here for the gifts" They side step questions or call a superviser to talk in circles. You have to decide "Right Now" when you walk out the opportunity to join goes with you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/13/2011 06:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Global-Vacation-Network/Grand-Rapids-Michigan-/Global-Vacation-Network-Run-Away-this-is-a-SCAM-anf-RIP-OFF-Grand-Rapids-Michigan-797657. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Global Vacation Network

Not sure it maters

AUTHOR: Kelly - (United States of America)

Dont know what Kelley exactly ment but i guess it doesnt really mater does it?  I think most of the people comenting about GVN are freakd out by there practices.  learning they have somebody working there that has a passed history of financial crimes doesnt make the company look any better

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

gvn

AUTHOR: anonymous - (United States of America)

I guess I'm confused then. This GVN post was originally done in 2011. Did this other Stacy work 2 jobs? LOL sounds like Kelly has a personal issue and not a GVN issue. Kelly do you have an experience with GVN or are you just interested in talking about this one specific person?

Stacy Barz

AUTHOR: Kelly - (United States of America)

Stacy Barz is a current Global Vacation Network employee in their Grand Rapids office.  That is her mugshot from an arrest for embezzling from her previous employer.  She plead guilty to that crime 2 weeks ago and is awaiting sentencing.

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Stacy Priest

AUTHOR: anonymous - (United States of America)

I am a former employee of GVN. This is not Stacy Priest from GVN circa 2011. Also to the poster, check employment dates and court records before slandering.  Although someone is arrested, it doesn't make them guilty. Furthermore, people in upper management positions have had their share of DUIs and such. Apparently you would rather sling mud than check facts which I encourage everyone on here to do.

gvn

AUTHOR: anonymous - (United States of America)

First of all, you went to a time share presentation; ofcourse they will pressure you to buy. Secondly, your free item cost you your time and really did you expect something for nothing. GVN is selling resorts through Global Connections. The resorts are actually bookable but don't think you are ever going to get something for nothing. By the way, I'm not sure (because I am a customer) that there is anyone there named Jason....might want to check your facts and use of English language.

Stacy at GVN

AUTHOR: Kelly - (United States of America)

My friend knew the Stacy that works at GVN in Grand Rapids sfter I met with her.  She is bad news.  This is a mugshot from a recent arrest   http://www.jailbase.com/en/arrested/mi-kcsd/2012-11-29/stacy-michelle-barz-1223810

Is this the same Stacy you met with?

Good grief

AUTHOR: Lorenzen - (U.S.A.)

Of course it's a high pressure sales environment.  How could you not know this ?????  ALL such presentations are.  Geeezzz.  And here's a tip - GO BACK TO SCHOOL and learn the English language.  Your lack of spelling and grammatical skills are the real rip off here.  Misanthrope.