Complaint Review: Global Warranty Group

Global Warranty Group
500 Middle Country Rd 11780 St James, New York USA

Global Warranty Group Corrupt company, extremely deceptive St James New York

*Author of original report: Resolved with help from BBB

I agreed to sign up for this insurance company with my local Verizon wireless store after my phone got stolen.

My phone got damaged in Nov 2013, and I filed a claim with the Global Warranty Group through my Verizon wireless store (big mistake).  They charged my phone for the claim 179.00 and promised that I would receive a check to reimburse the cost of my phone.

I have called the company's number about 10 times without any answer.  It's just a call center.  They always promise to escalate the call, but I heard back only one in January, at which time they said that I would be getting my check "soon."  3 months later, nothing.

This is a corrupt, exceptionally disorganized company.  I've blocked the company from ever charging my credit card.  And you know I will be giving my Verizon Wireless store hell for even being associated with an insurance company like this.

I have already looked up options for a class action lawsuit.  Please let me know if you are interested.  I can't even imagine the poor people who don't have the financial means who have to endure this.

Global Warranty Group has NO CONSCIENCE and are run by despicable people.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/27/2014 05:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Global-Warranty-Group/St-James-New-York-11780/Global-Warranty-Group-Corrupt-company-extremely-deceptive-St-James-New-York-1134297. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Global Warranty Group

Resolved with help from BBB

AUTHOR: Sonny Kim - ()

Hi - I'd like to give an update.

After I posted this complaint on, I also went to the Better Business Bureau website on 3/27 and filed a complaint and it worked!

They sent my complaint over to Global Warranty Group and on 4/11, I got word that a check was sent on 4/9.  Thank GOD!

Seriously I was at my wits end, and BBB helped me finally get my $650 check.  I've been waiting for 5 months!  What an awful company!