Complaint Review: Global Water Utility Maricopa Arizona

• Submitted: Wed, June 03, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, June 03, 2009

• Reported By:Maricopa Arizona
Global Water Utility Maricopa Arizona
22590 N. Powers Parkway Maricopa, Arizona U.S.A.

Global Water Utility Maricopa Arizona Monopoly Practices Robbing The Consumer Maricopa Arizona

On 06/13/2009 the water in our home was shut-off unexpectedly. We were not informed of the impeding disconnection of service. We were not notified by mail, e-mail, notice, or phone call. Nothing.

My complaint mirrors others on this board. In that, in order to have our water restored, even though we were not properly notified, we were required to pay a $60.00 reconnection fee.

The "customer service" representatives at the Maricopa office were not able to assist us with our concern. After numerous phone calls and request to speak to a supervisor, we were transferred to a voice-mailbox. We did leave messages that were never returned.

We paid the reconnection fee along with the bill on 06/14/2009, and were told that our water would be restored that evening. The next morning after 9am, the water still was not turned on. After repeated calls to the Maricopa office, numerous attempts at leaving messages for supervisor's voice-mailboxes, and e-mails sent to their office, I finally was transferred to Mr. Jim Egelston.

Mr. Egelston, a Client and Public Relations Supervisor, during our phone conversation falsely accused someone from our home of tampering with the water meter. He was also unable to address my concerns of improper notification, only blaming the United States Post Office.

I filed a report with the Arizona Corporation Commission, asking that the $60.00 reconnection fee be reversed. 15 days later, I received a letter, with the response from aGlobal Water VP of Accounting, Patti Greco making numerous accusations including: A concerned neighbor called in to Global Water mentioning seeing a non-Global Water person in the meter box.

I would also like to point out, that Ms. Greco, works in the Accounting division, not in Customer Services. She is ultimately, concerned with the bottom line.

I suggest that the company gives inadequate training to their customer service front line employees. They lack common, necessary tools that would aid the customer with simple account solutions. Global Water, Maricopa is a monopoly-utility that extorts funds, through inappropriate reconnection fees and by turning off their customer's water - without proper notice. I contend that this is intolerable.

Today, 06-03-2009, we have again, not received any billing for last month. When will the turn off happen this time? As a consumer, I am hesitant to even contact Global Water, by phone. My experience with the wait time on-hold is customarily over 30 minutes. When finally, one is able to speak to a representative, they cannot properly address the customer's concerns.

Just imagine this: If Global Water Utility manages to shut off just 10 customers per day. Then, they extort the reconnection fee of $60.00 per client; they are able to amass over $10,000.00 in profit in just one month.

Knowingly, shutting off customer's water, then blaming it on the US Post Office, for failure of delivery of proper notification is their tactic in this scheme. Too many of us have faced this inappropriate business practice.

I am inviting any media to look into Global Water Utilities, Maricopa, AZ business procedures. With the sole purpose of possibly aid in protecting the unaware consumer in Maricopa City, Arizona. We do not have a choice in utilities when it comes to our water.

Thank You.

Greenplanet
Maricopa, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2009 04:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Global-Water-Utility-Maricopa-Arizona/Maricopa-Arizona-85238/Global-Water-Utility-Maricopa-Arizona-Monopoly-Practices-Robbing-The-Consumer-Maricop-458260. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Global Water Utility Maricopa Arizona

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC