Complaint Review: Globe Life And Accident Insurance Co

• Updated: Sat, March 27, 2010

• Reported By: Gary V. — Lexington Kentucky United States of America
Globe Life And Accident Insurance Co
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma United States of America

Globe Life And Accident Insurance Co Torchmark Corporation My deceased Grandmother opened a policy for me over 25yrs ago, I took over for many yrs. Once policy started accumulating cash value the rates quaddruppled, after notifying me that they lost the contr Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

My deceased grandmother opened up a Globe Life policy when I was a toddler and made the premium payments until the day she died on Dec. 23rd of 1995, my senior year in high school, two days before Christmas, not long before graduation.  After she passed at age 17, I not only lost my true mother, and the woman that raised me, but also lost the home in which we lived, even though she had legally adopted me under the equitable adoption, WV law. I struggled thereafter to carry on the Globe Life policy, because that is way she would want, and at that time she thought would be right for me and my future. For sentimental value and reasons, versus the monetary value, I continued paying the premiums before I bought groceries due to this life insurance policy and pictures being all of her I had left.

At age 25 the policy was suppose to start accumulating cash value and what was supposed to be, a time of reward, quickly became a time of more financial distress on me and my family.  They raised my premium to nearly $800.00 a year on only a $63,000 policy, over quadrupling the premium previously paid by my grandmother and myself. Instead of the reward in LIFE that this policy shouldve been, I was paying outrageous premiums, and scammed in preperation for my DEATH, and taking away from my LIVING family and myself in the process. It scares me to think, if I would have continued to pay, would my family really have gotten the money owed to them out of this policy, as a result of me and my grandmother paying in preperation for my future & death???? To this day the only cash value I had accumulated was $2100.00, and Globe Life says that is all our payments and loyalty to Globe Life over 30 yrs. is worth.  My grandmother did without, & struggled to make payments to Globe Life, in hopes to assist in giving me a better future, being the caring and unselfish person that she was. Instead, this policy turned into an expensive financial obligation and a Bernie Madoff scam.  They knew my grandmother was deceased and not long ago Globe Life sent a letter saying that they had lost the contract to the policy.  I give a lot of thought, spoke with an attorney friend, and he acted as if I was stupid for paying that premium, when one can get a half million dollar policy, for much less.

I swallowed my pride, and came to the conclusion that if my grandmother was here today, she would advise me also, that I am doing the right thing and just of victim of big, bad, business, and inform me that its ok to cancel the policy.  I nearly cried in hurt and disgust, and wake up thinking of it every day.  I have been a victim of big business working to destroy me, and our economy in more ways than this. Whats even more frustrating, after nearly 30 yrs of Globe Life excepting payments from my struggling grandmother and me, they happily cancelled that policy in less than 2 minutes over the phone.

Now that I have operated my own business for several years, being more business literate, and more financially set, I vow to put forth everything in me and file all complaints against Globe Life in attempt to recover all premiums paid to this company, by my grandmother and myself over nearly a 30yr. period. Once I have done all I can, within all that is available to consumers,& if resolution is not made, & money owed is not paid back to me, then I vow to sell one of my homes to pay an attorney, if it comes down to it, to get what is owed to my grandmother, my family, and myself. I have been working vigorously over time to build a new business, which works against bad business, and it also withholds a Proof of Purpose page that shows proof of MY/OUR purpose.  Once complete and revised by professional website builders, I hope to team up with www.ripoffreport.com within my site to spread the word on bad business and take a stand against them in the process.  Globe Life will soon be added to my Proof of Purpose page. You may find this Basic business plan, designed by me, & awaiting the professional website designer touch at (((link redacted)))

I am thankful for businesses such as www.ripoffreport.com trying to take a stand against bad business without no monetary exchange on my behalf for doing so. I hope that www.ripoffreport.com will also join me somehow, someway, within (((link redacted))) in my quest to take a stand against bad business practices that are killing the American People in many more ways than one.  To all, Globe Life and Accident Co. and the Torchmark Corp. is another bad business getting by with crooked skeems.  I honestly believe from a business point of few, that you cant continue bad business practices and exspect to continue to succeed in this day and time.  Globe Life will eventually pay, on behalf of my grandmother, my family, myself, and many other Americans, in due time, one way or another!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/27/2010 10:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Globe-Life-And-Accident-Insurance-Co/Oklahoma-City-Oklahoma-73184/Globe-Life-And-Accident-Insurance-Co-Torchmark-Corporation-My-deceased-Grandmother-opened-586164. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Globe Life And Accident Insurance Co