Complaint Review: GM Financial

• Updated: Tue, February 18, 2014

• Reported By: Mz. Ryte — Suburban Illinois
GM Financial
801 Cherry Street Ste. 3500 Fort Worth , Texas USA

GM Financial Americredit Ripped Off in the Reinstatement Department Fort Worth Texas

*Consumer Comment: They are ripping YOU off?

Due to hart times I fell behind on my car payments.  Therefore my vehicle was repossessed.  Although, I called to pay them the past due amount, I was routed to an answering machine message in the "reinstatement department".  I called regullarly from the time the department opened until the time they closed and left professional sounding messages.  However, nobody called me back.  Customer service could not help me because they did not have the exact dollar amount I owed and could only keep transferring me to th reinstatement department.  The collections department and corporate departments also routed me to the reinstatement department.  Meanwhile, late fees, storage fee and rental car fees continue to accrue without apparent resolve.  I was told that since there was a holiday, they are behind on their calls.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2014 05:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GM-Financial/Fort-Worth-Texas-76102/GM-Financial-Americredit-Ripped-Off-in-the-Reinstatement-Department-Fort-Worth-Texas-1124598. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GM Financial

They are ripping YOU off?

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

Ummm....you did not meet your legal obligation in making your payments so they repossessed your car.  So how exactly are they ripping you off?

How come it was only after they repossessed your car could you magically come up with not only the back amount due, but the reposession fees.  Not only that but apparently have enough money lying around to be able to rent a car.

How come you didn't use that money before they took it?...Oh I know you were gambling and trying to hold them off as long as you could before you had to meet your legal obligation.  Unfortunatly you gambled a bit too long and lost.