Henrietta

• Reported By: evanmark — San Antonio Texas
Go Pro Automotive
101 Westoak San Antonio, Texas USA

Go Pro Automotive Worst place to go for oil change San Antonio Texas

I went to Go Pro in May 2013 for a simple oil change. The guy that did my oil change (Romero) put the wrong oil filter in and the oil filter actually came off and all of my oil leaked out. My engine locked up and was obviously no good.  I called them and they immediatly came to my location and put in "the correct" filter and refilled the oil and it started.  Romero then told me to drive the car to the shop so they could change the oil againg and make sure everything was up to par.  I drove the car for maybe 2 days when the motor locked up again I called the shop to let them know, they had a tow truck come get the car and I had to get a ride home and miss a days work because of that. So I then call and talk to Pete who is very nice about the whole situation sets up a rental and sends one of his guys to take me to get a rental that they paid for.  So I was without my car for about a week, No biggie I had the rental to make up for it!!

They ended up getting another motor that apparently had 36000 miles on it. Everything was ok for about a week when the motor started to knock and the oil just literally disappeared I wasn't leaking oil on the ground, we checked the radiator and nothing.Well after numerous attempts of trying to contact Pete on the phone, having to call from different numbers I finally got ahold of Pete and he said I would have to leave my car with him for two weeks and he would NOT provide a rental. Keep in mind that this is my only means of transportation. Needless to say I was involved in an accident and my car was totaled so Go Pro got off REALLY easy.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/29/2013 09:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Go-Pro-Automotive/San-Antonio-Texas-78227/Go-Pro-Automotive-Worst-place-to-go-for-oil-change-San-Antonio-Texas-1095398. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Go Pro Automotive