Complaint Review: GO SPLASH POOLS / SCOTT LANDERS

• Updated: Mon, April 01, 2013

• Reported By: TONYDDD — Rochester New York
GO SPLASH POOLS / SCOTT LANDERS
8353 E. Main Road, Batavia, NY 14482 Batavia, New York United States of America

GO SPLASH POOLS / SCOTT LANDERS BEWARE! RIP OFF! STOLE MY FAMILYS MONEY! JUDGMENT! STOLE $2300.00 Batavia, New York

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: bad cop bad man

Scott Landers is the owner of " GO Splash Pools" in Batavia NY.

In 2011 my family took $2300.00 of our hard earned money and gave it Scott Landers to build os a pool in our yard. My kids used money from their piggy banks to help.

In March of 2012 Scott Said we were omn the list to get a pool installed ASAP.

In April  of 2012 we were still on his long list of pools to be installed.

In May we were now from being ready to swim.

In June we were four away.

In July of 2012 Scott Landers stopped answering my repeated calls.

In August he said he was almost ready but needed another $2000.00 to stop over and review the job.

In September I filed in small Claims court and subsequently won my $2300.00 back. Needless to say Landers refused to pay and as of April 2013 we have nothing to show for our efforts.

I filed a Judgement against landers in an attempt to recover our money but as of now hes still in business and still stealing from other unsuspecting families.

Scott Landers is nothing more than a fraud who stole our family's dream of owning a pool.

Thanks Scott for ripping off kids. I hope you never sleep again.

By the way Scott Landers sold us an expensive center return drain that I later learned has been banned from use in swimming pools/  As it turns out several children have drowned from center drains at the bottom of the pool. The drains suck the kids clothing or skin up and hols them to the bottom.

Scott Landers was going to hook up this drain when the inspectors left in order to avoid detection. I was concerned over the fact that he was trying to cover it up so I did my research.

The Consumer Products Agency had several reports on deths associated with the drain.

If Scott Landers has installed one of the drains in your pool make sure to have it removed before it does harm to your children.

BEWARE !! of Scott Landers owner operator of "GO SPLASH POOLS" or "SPLASH POOLS"

Scott Landers is a RIP OFF! He has had Judgements against him in the past and now has on against him from me.

If you see him coming RUN!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/01/2013 06:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GO-SPLASH-POOLS-SCOTT-LANDERS/Batavia-New-York-14482/GO-SPLASH-POOLS-SCOTT-LANDERS-BEWARE-RIP-OFF-STOLE-MY-FAMILYS-MONEY-JUDGMENT-STOLE-1039839. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GO SPLASH POOLS / SCOTT LANDERS

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

bad cop bad man

AUTHOR: poolman - ()

Anthony Difiante is a bad man and a bad cop. he constantly commits purgery and is only interested in his own needs!  He has total disreguard for his neighbors and the law.

I meet Tony in august of  2011,  he was reffered to my company from other happy pool owners that had me do work in their own back yards.  At first glance Tony was a decent guy but when you get to know him his true identity comes out.  Tony and his wife (a very nice person) were meet at their hose and explained  the purchase and the install of a new pool for their family.  The jobsite was not your typicall  jobsite, there was alot of grade work to deal with, soil that needed to be removed (trucked away offsite), limited access (had to go threw neighbors yard and it turns out they didnt care for tony) to the yard and decking for the pool to a join to.  Tony was happy to have my company there because of my reputation and the fact we were saving him money.

Tony was very insistint on getting a center drain because he had many friends with drains and they never had to clean the pool and that is what he wanted.  Tony was made aware of the virgina grahm baker act and was explained the federal legislation about it including the statistics on the deaths attributed to entrapment.  Tony, a member of law enforcement didn't care, he just wanted the drain, said he could do what he wanted at his own house and was very demanding of having it!  I told him that the only thing that I could do for him was to install a center return (water blowing out of a sp 1048) and that after I left he could do what he wanted with it.  Tony was made aware of the fact that he had to get a permit for the jobsite  (he signed specificlly stating that) that there would be yard damage (he also signed for that) and that there was a deposit of $2300.00  for the job (which he gave).  He also signed stating that any changes made to the contract will be charged time and material.

Tony sent his wife to get the permit and they were denied,  where he lives on the waterfront of long pond the yard that faces the water is considered the front yard not the back.  They were told that they had to get a variance (installation not to there codes) ,  the process  takes almost 2 monthes and costs a little more money.  Tony was very upset and said f--- the town I will do what I want, I promised the kids a pool and you are gonna put it in!  I told Tony that I couldn't put the pool in without a permit.  I explained that that the town code guys could come over there while were installing the pool and tell us to stop causing me to lose money and time , he told us he would deal with them if they come over, after all he was a cop.  He said that if it happened he would make sure that I was taken care of (financially).  He also reassured me that he would get the permit(variance process was started) he just wanted the kids to go swimming befor school started back up.  Tony kept calling and harrassing me about the install and against my better judgement I told him we would give it a shot.

Splash pools showed up to install the pool,  we came with 2 six wheel dump trucks and equipment trailer(packed) and a box van(packed), we had my self and 3 other men.  We  had a heck of a time with access and removed 5 truck loads of spoil(not your average jobsite) damaging  the yards between the two houses(which tony signed knowing)  even though,  I tried to keep the peace and brought in 3 truck loads of screened topsoil to repair the lawn(additional money I inccurred not in the contract).  We then leveled the site put in the center return and a truck load of sand for the base of the pool and then as we were putting the wall up for the pool the town of greece code guys showed up and I said to go and deal with Tony inside.  We had to stop  at that time splash pools had removed 5 truck loads of spoil, brought in 3 truck loads of screened topsoil and 1 truck load of mason sand, had  7  hours on the jobsite  with 3 men working and were 2 hours from completion, wow what a bummer!!

The install was put off til the spring in the mean time Tony did do the right thing and obtain the variance from the town of Greece.  Tony was told we would put him in as early as we could seeing how we were so close to beind done we would only need a few hours to complete the job and no equipment.  Spring came and all of a sudden Tony wanted a inground pool(which we also install) and wanted to use the deposit towards that.  Reluctantly I came out 2 more time and figured and figured not one but 2 different inground quotes (a couple hours to prepare).  While I was there I had noticed a for sale sign in the neighbors front yard  and told Tony that  we would need a signed statement from them to bring equipment back threw the yard (i didn't want to effect the sale of thier home by destroying the yard again),  Tony once again said f--- them  I will do what I want.  After all this time Tony decided that the inground was to expensive and he couldn't afford it and just put in the aboveground.  I was relieved there would be no more yard damage, the site was all ready done and we were a couple hours from everyone being happy!!  I told him we would do it asap,  Then Tony called me and said that he didn't like the elevation of the pool and wanted to dig the pool site over and lower the pool, that meant throwing away all the work we had done and creating more mess in the neighbors yard. tony was very insistint on the elevation change  so I told him I needed to have the permission signed from the neighbor(to get equipment in) and  that I  needed to be paid in full, at this time my trust level for Tony was gone.  Tony then becamed inraged telling me that he is a cop and he would make my life hell,  he would kick my ass and that I didn't know who I was f---ing with(  2 of my employees heard a good portion of this rant due to the fact that he was on speaker phone).  I knew at this point that I would no longer be doing anymore work for Tony, he was told not to call me anymore, I would keep the deposit and a judge could figure out what was owed for what was done. I was into the job for more than $1500 and many many hours. He called threating me for several days until he stopped.

The court case was rulled on by a judge that has now died(god rest Mr Kermit),  he was nice man but his compentice level was questioned by many people in the community due to his age and his health but the town didn't have the heart to remove him.  Tony lied in court about everything just like in his rip off report, he tried to portray himself as a good family man  and hide behind his badge to try  to portray sainthood.  Tony became very argumentive in the court  case as well as I and the judge heard very little of the case and we were told to leave.   I waited behind for several minutes so that I didn't have to deal with Tony anymore,  he waited outside the court in the street with his familly watching and threatened my life several times as I went to get into my car,  I choose to be an adult and leave rather than  fighting (what a law man).

The judge opted to support the law enforcement communnity and said that we had to give him back all the money.  How my company could do so much work and not be compensated for anything is beyond me.  Tony had deviated from the contract several times  and acted with total disregaurd for all other people and laws he is a disgrace to the uniform.  He has been paid the whole $2300  I took the whole loss.  I will just chuck it up that you just can't please everyone.  I have installed many pools over the years and many of them in law enforcement field so for anyone reading we have hundreds of referalls.  In closing all I have to say is if you run into a bad cop or part time dj that lies, is rude, threatning and has total disregaurd for all people and laws and his name is TONY DIFANTE   RUN!!!