Complaint Review: godaddy

• Updated: Tue, January 21, 2014

• Reported By: screwedbyamine — Rhode Island
godaddy
14455 N Hayden Rd Ste 226 Scottsdale AZ Scottsdale, Arizona USA

godaddy godaddy.com go daddy Godaddy - WILL Hold your site or domains hostage at extreme costs Scottsdale Arizona

*Consumer Comment: Address?

*Author of original report: Info request?

*Consumer Comment: Info Request

*Author of original report: Poor you

*Consumer Comment: You evaded the question

*Author of original report: Godaddy still sucks!

*Consumer Comment: No Lawsuit for You!

Please do yourself a HUGE favor and use anyone other than godaddy. I've had a bunch of domains and sites hosted with godaddy and trust me they screw you everytime.  Maybe thats how they pay for all those commercials?

Most web hosters will try to help you if you have a problem with your site- NOT godaddy! they want the cash (plain and simple)

They charge 150.00 to "restore" a site even if its 1 day late for its bi-annual payment.  It does matter how much you've spent in the past either.

I spent nearly 2 years on a site called interviewin - well that and THOUSANDS of dollars. Its a site origianlly meant to compete with linkedin but users can upload a short intro video with their resume.  A few months ago I took a contract job with a company that kept me away from the computer.  My hosting did expire and I called godaddy.  Their phone reps sound like a 3rd grader reading a book when they tell you to "pay up" - they've got a "line" for everything.

After refusing to pay their ransom I decided to just pay it and move on with another hosting company... BUT GUESS WHAT- I no longer have a website. I was told today from the godaddy rep that they no longer have it (nor can restore it) and quotes "yeah" we've gotta make space for others who pay.

Friggin A**!

I'm thinking I should file suit.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2014 06:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/godaddy-/Scottsdale-Arizona-85260/godaddy-godaddycom-go-daddy-Godaddy-WILL-Hold-your-site-or-domains-hostage-at-extreme-1117416. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on godaddy

Address?

AUTHOR: coast - ()

"come on down to the court house and be sure to introduce yourself"

What's the courthouse address?

Info request?

AUTHOR: screwedbyamine - ()

What a douche bag!  I can only laugh at you now.

Email your number and I'll call you as soon as its processed..... ok cowardly lion?

Info Request

AUTHOR: coast - ()

What is the court docket number?

Poor you

AUTHOR: screwedbyamine - ()

What a friggin CLOWN!  Did you READ the report? It’s very clear they won’t pull the recorded tapes for a reason!

Why do you feel ANYONE owes you an answer to anything? Are you the registered agent that receives and responds to court claims? Or… are you just a troll with nothing to do-

My guess is option two!  If your dying to know come on down to the court house and be sure to introduce yourself.    :/    See ya you little coward

You evaded the question

AUTHOR: coast - ()

What would be the grounds for a lawsuit?

Godaddy still sucks!

AUTHOR: screwedbyamine - ()

Your rebuttal sounds as rehearsed as the phone reps.  So, you think I’m the only one hating godaddy for their unethical practices? Think again-

A bit more to my story as well….  I instructed godaddy to bill me MONTHLY because I planned to list my site for sale. They did bill me one month then pulled the site down. Once I realized the site was down they blamed me. I asked them to pull the tape as proof to what I requested yet they danced around the question for 15 minutes.   Saying things like... don't you read your emails?? just salesperson BS.  All questions avoided the truth.  Questions like a cheating abusing spouse you ask in hopes to turn the tables when you've done nothing wrong.

After that my site was GONE-ZO

I assume you work for godaddy- why not identify yourself

No Lawsuit for You!

AUTHOR: coast - ()

“Most web hosters will try to help you if you have a problem with your site- NOT godaddy!”

You did not have a problem with your website. The service was terminated due to your failure to keep your account current.

“they want the cash (plain and simple)”

It’s not unusual for a company to expect payment for services rendered.

I no longer have a website. I was told today from the godaddy rep that they no longer have it (nor can restore it)”

There is an easy remedy: Access your backup data and upload it to your new web hosting company.

“I'm thinking I should file suit.”

The service was terminated for nonpayment and you accepted their Terms of Service that state, “You agree to back-up all of your User Content so that you can access and use it when needed. Go Daddy does not warrant that it backs-up any Account or User Content, and you agree to accept as a risk the loss of any and all of your User Content.” So, what would be the grounds for a lawsuit?