Handle

• Updated: Thu, February 06, 2014

• Reported By: Joe — Cedar City Utah
GoDaddy
14455 N Hayden Rd #219 Scottsdale, Arizona USA

GoDaddy Wild West Domains New gTLD Domain management and registration Failures Scottsdale Arizona

I registered a .Plumbing gTLD just 4 minutes after landrush.

Godaddy failed at everything they are required to do, costing me thousands.

Payment was recieved, processed and the domain was entered into my account.

Name-servers, sub domains and email addresses were set-up and used.

I called several times during the day for other domains and this was also Assured to me as registered with me as the legal owner.

I took that check to the bank and cashed it.

I got agreements with clients, print media, magnets. I called them and sealed deals. I posted and shared my domain and plans across the internet, even in the reseller forum. [continued below]....

.....

I've spent thousands with them and on this, with the assurance that the domain was mine and the clients I'd already attained would be making payment.

Today the domain was removed from my account.

I was told another person registered it at the exact moment I did.

GoDaddy failed to update their records and accurately provide domains and take payments.

There were multiple failures across the board. ICANN requirements were not followed.

No explanation was given as to how the owner was determined.

Not only has my business suffered financial loss, but a loss of consumer confidence. Already, several lost clients refer to this as a 'fraud' I attempted. They've spread the word that I try to get payment for domains I don't even own.

This isn't just going to be OK. My family has suggested lawsuits and non-sense. It seems apparent that there is no way I can keep the domain. All advertising will be a loss to me and a gain to whoever got it.
I requested what I think is reasonable considering the circumstances and the assurances I received:

That they replace this with another gTLD of my choice that is in the landrush phase.

But they refused! I was told-

"That's tough. Do whatever you need to do"

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2014 10:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GoDaddy/Scottsdale-Arizona-85260/GoDaddy-Wild-West-Domains-New-gTLD-Domain-management-and-registration-Failures-Scottsdale-1121635. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GoDaddy