Complaint Review: Gold key Resort of Virginia Beach

• Updated: Thu, July 10, 2014

• Reported By: Very upset owner — Falls Church Virginia
Gold key Resort of Virginia Beach
1081 19th Street Virginia Beach, Virginia USA

Gold key Resort of Virginia Beach Timeshare week forfeited even after Gold key receive maintenant payment plus penalty fee plus extra unexplained amount Goldkey failed to disclose that they will charge Virginia Beach Virginia

Have you ever heard of losing you deeded week even after you have paid for the yearly maintenance fee as well as the undisclosed collection fee (another 50%) which is NOT listed in the contract ? Does this sound reasonable or legal?

It sounds very fraudulent to me. Now that I have paid for the yearly maintenance fee less than a month late, my "deeded" week is still in a forfeited status. After trying to resolve the issue with the "owner association" representative, they told me they have to "look out for the interest of the other owners of the association."  I'm very upset that my week is forfeited even after I paid for whatever they charged me for. They not only get the late fees but they also get the benefit of renting out my week which I believe is unjust enrichment. I need to mention that I entitled to the 2nd week of July, I think week 27, so I know for sure they would have no problem renting my week out.

Frankly, I do not think any consumers would accept this at all. as I said before, this sounds very fraudulent to me. The collection fee is not disclosed anywhere in the contract that I signed for. Basically, the maintenance fee was $652 and the collection fee was $281.

I'm calling for all angry owners, let's follow the RCI angry owners to file for a Class Action Suit against Gold key

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/10/2014 10:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gold-key-Resort-of-Virginia-Beach/Virginia-Beach-Virginia-23451/Gold-key-Resort-of-Virginia-Beach-Timeshare-week-forfeited-even-after-Gold-key-receive-ma-1161015. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gold key Resort of Virginia Beach