• Report: #920115

• Updated: Sat, October 20, 2012

• Reported By: robbed! — Heber City Utah United States of America
gold'n tan / golds gym
795 E.800 N Springville, Utah United States of America

gold'n tan / golds gym "They stole my money because of there terribly faulty book keeping and records" Springville, Utah

*Consumer Comment: 100% Agreed. Sloppy processing only benefits Gold's

I paid cash for various services over a two year period with Gold'n tan and things went fine. Then there system crashed and they needed to re-input my types of tans and the quantities I had paid for. When they put this information back in there system it showed Zero dollar value as it was previously paid for. I continued to use there services in the early spring..discontinued use as I didnt need to tan indoors in the summer and returned for tanning sessions later that fall. After 1 or 2 sessions that fall I came in to tan and they said I owed them money because when they looked me up it showed Zero dollars on my account for payment. I explained to them it was there own system error and I actually had the quantities of each type of bed or treatment I had paid for.

They wanted me to prove to them payment. This was done with cash and almost a year earlier so I had no receipt. They could find me on there records for well over two years... and they provided services just weeks before without any hesitation or problem yet now  there is a problem. I have talked with 2 past managers who said that this happens all the time and that there system fails and leaves everything in shambles... I had well over $500.00 credit when they refused to continue services to me. Short of court I have no recourse as they refuse to budge in there position on this... All of my records and even theres show I had been given service up through that day and yet no body questioned the account till then. They have been jerks to the highest degree on this and I am sure others out there have experienced the same treatment.

During this time frame they also went through at least 3 managers all of whom didnt have a clue at most times . This was evident when I would come in and they would have to search all over to pull up what I had available pre-paid so I could choose which type of bed / system I wanted to use that day.  It was a continual battle but at least I was given access to the services I had paid for. I was going to contact the Better Business Bureau  but Was diagnosed with cancer and have been fighting that the last 5 months.. Anyone else been taken to the cleaners by these people?? Please contact me. I manage a very well known $10million dollar a year business in Provo so its not like I dont understand operations, finances  and or providing great customer service..  Its clearly evident these companies do not!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2012 06:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/goldn-tan-golds-gym/Springville-Utah-/goldn-tan-golds-gym-They-stole-my-money-because-of-there-terribly-faulty-book-keepin-920115. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on gold'n tan / golds gym

100% Agreed. Sloppy processing only benefits Gold's

AUTHOR: amazing - (United States of America)

I had a similar experience, in that they were entirely negligent on processing a change to our contract, costing us hard earned money.  They only revere what's in their computer system, no matter what you may or may not have done to correct their processing errors.  I've spent countless hours disputing their "system", and even the BBB is useless, giving them an A rating, despite over 54 local complaints in the last 12 months alone.

If you know of anyone doing a class action lawsuit, I'm on board.