Complaint Review: Goldrush Getaways

• Updated: Fri, February 21, 2014

• Reported By: Buck — Sacramento Area California
Goldrush Getaways
8350 Auburn Blvd. #200 Citrus Heights, California USA

Goldrush Getaways Goldrush Getaways uses dishonest tactics ,flat-out lies, in an attempt to get you through their doors. Citrus Heights California

*Consumer Comment: Goldrush Getways

I received a phone call from this company trying to get me to their 'grand opening', which they shouldn't be calling in the first place because I'm on the national Do-Not-Call registry.  But regardless, the sales lady said she was with United Airlines.  For some reason I suspected that United Airlines would not be making this type of a call.  I could hear it was a boiler-room with all the other telemarketers in the background.  She said she was inviting me to grand opening for a new office in Citrus Heights, CA.  I said that sounded strange because there's no airport in Citrus Heights, why would United Airlines be opening an office there?  She said it was a ticketing office.  ???  She finally admitted she was not actually with United Airlines, she was with a contracted company that represents them.  She mentioned Goldrush Getaways, and they were having a grand opening.  I asked if they just moved into the building, she was evasive and kept inviting me to their grand opening, nothing required, no sales pitch, no presentations, just a tour of their new office.  That sounded weird.  I asked if it was a vacation club or time-share or travel services or anything similar, she said no, they would send me a free roundtrip ticket with United Airlines to anywhere in the U.S. just for going to their new office grand opening.  I asked more specific questions about why they would be giving me this (and I was nice on the phone), she was trying to stay on script with answers unrelated to my questions, and I would be persistent on the things she wasn't answering, and she just hung up.  I researched the company and there is no grand opening, they do have an office in Citrus Heights but it's not a new office location by any means.  And she WAS trying to lure me into a travel presentation.  Why be so dishonest?  Why lie so blatantly?  Why make sales calls to people on Do Not Call lists?  This company is very dishonest in their tactics and they should be ashamed of using such tactics.  And I'm actually interested in travel clubs, we just joined one recently and I wouldn't mine joining another, but I need honesty, not deceipt.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/21/2014 03:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Goldrush-Getaways/Citrus-Heights-California-95610/Goldrush-Getaways-Goldrush-Getaways-uses-dishonest-tactics-flat-out-lies-in-an-attempt-1125513. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Goldrush Getaways

Goldrush Getways

AUTHOR: Betty - ()

I have found that Godrush Getaways a very honest in their dealings. What they promised to get you into the door was delivered. I have past travel agent experience and found that their training material excellent. Have not found any hanky panky with this company.