Complaint Review: Goldrush International Aka American Direct Sweepstakes Aka American International Lottery Aka Ect.

• Submitted: Sat, March 13, 2010
  • Updated: Sun, March 21, 2010

• Reported By: Max — Monterey California United States of America
Cell Phone Call Cleveland, Oklahoma United States of America

Goldrush International, American Direct Sweepstakes , American International Lottery Aka Ect. US Marshall/Merchant Banker William Smith I got a cell phone call while I was driving to meet a friend for a bike ride. The fellow on the other end of the line told me that he has calliing from Goldrush International, and that I had won 1.5 Cleveland, Oklahoma

*Author of original report: Update

I was driving when my cell phone rang.  On the other end of the line was a man who said he was calling from Goldrush International, and that I had won 1.5 Million Dollars!

I was asked to write down a number, so that when the US Marshall/Merchant Banker came to my door, that number would validate that I am the winner!

I raced home to hear further instructions.

Much to my surprise, I was asked to go to a Western Union office to wire $199.00 for 'shipping and handling' to William Smith in Cleveland Oklahoma, then give the receipt to the US Marshall/Merchant Banker, when he came to my door.  I would then receive the check.

I could see myself, doing what he asked, then waiting and waiting for the Marshall to come to my door, and never appearing.

I would then be out $199.00!  No 1.5 Million to deposit in my bank.  What a rip!

Good thing I did not fall for it!  I did get the phone # though: 876-445-3476

When a person wins anything, there is NEVER a charge for 'shipping & handling'!

Do Not Fall for This SCAM!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/13/2010 12:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Goldrush-International-Aka-American-Direct-Sweepstakes-Aka-American-International-Lottery-Aka-Ect/Cleveland-Oklahoma-/Goldrush-International-American-Direct-Sweepstakes-American-International-Lottery-Aka-E-580575. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Goldrush International Aka American Direct Sweepstakes Aka American International Lottery Aka Ect.

Update

AUTHOR: Max - (United States of America)

I did some research on the area code to where the original call came from:  Jamaica!