Complaint Review: Gold's Gym Oxnard

• Updated: Mon, April 08, 2013

• Reported By: Art — Oxnard California
Gold's Gym Oxnard
2251 E. Gonzales Rd. Oxnard, California United States of America

Gold's Gym Oxnard Refuses to process cancelation. Keep charging fees dishonestly. Oxnard California

Do not do business with Gold's Gym in Oxnard.

They are dishonest.

I signed up for 90 day trial during the summer in 2012.  I told that at that time I would not be renewing.  That I was going to be  traveling in the fall.  I was told no problem.

In October 2012 I got a bill.  They renewed me for another 90 days and said I owed them $99.00.  I had a long conversation on the phone with the billing people.  They said that I needed to send them a letter
to cancel.  I could not walk into the club to do it.

I sent the letter. I just got another bill.  They renewed me TWICE and never notified me.  Now they claim I owe $297.00.

I called.    They say that because I did not send the letter Certified  return receipt they do not honor it.  They got my letter and refused to act on it.

I spoke with a woman named Belen.  She refused to give me her last name.  She stated that if I did not pay, they would ruin my credit.   That if I did not pay  they would refuse to honor a cancellation even if it was certified mail return receipt.   They said that even if I send a letter certified mail return receipt and pay the full amount, they will not accept it now, that I have to submit it in May.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE!

I tried to talk to the manager.  His name is Pat King.  They refused to transfer me to his phone.   Then they said he will not take calls about membership.  Then they said he will refuse to meet with me if I come into the facility.

I spoke with the Better Business Bureau.  They have 105 complaints against them.   They give them an F rating.   They refuse to process cancellations.  If they have your credit card information they will keep on billing your credit card.   If you give them your bank account info, they will keep taking money out of your account.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/08/2013 02:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Golds-Gym-Oxnard/Oxnard-California-93035/Golds-Gym-Oxnard-Refuses-to-process-cancelation-Keep-charging-fees-dishonestly-Oxna-1041728. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gold's Gym Oxnard