Complaint Review: Goober's Service

• Reported By: anonymous — Bellevue Idaho
Goober's Service
653 W. 1400 N. PO Box 610 Beaver, Utah USA

Goober's Service Over Charged Beaver Utah

Beware of Goobers Service and tire sales in Beaver Utah, exit 112, I-70, next to the Flying J. My wife and I were parked in front of Goobers Service at the Flying J refuleing our truck with diesel. The owner or employee told me my tires were wearing funny on my travel trailer. He was correct, they were wearing on the outside, not evenly. They suggested that they would jack up the trailer and have a look at the suspension and shackles. The shackles bolts and sleeves were worn and needeed replacing.

Once the tires were off, he told me that they were old and there was some sidewall craking. I said lets replace them.

The problem is that they grossly overcharged me for their services. They charged me $699.95 for the Dexter suspension kit which included installation. He charged me $159.95 for each tire, 205/75R14 Hercules ST.

The retail price for this Dexter suspension kit is between $150.00/$200.00. The retail price for the tires is between $70.00/$100.00 each.

It took them approximately 30 minutes to do the entire job. Okay, lets give them the benefit of doubt and say it took an hour. A failr price for labour might be $100.00

A fair price for the entire job might be $700.00 plus tax.

I was billed $1,339.75 plus tax! So essentially the labour costs were around $640.00......

When I called Bryan at Goobers and politely suggested that I had been overcharged, he said that that's what they charge and hung up on me. Not a good way of doing business or customer service. He also said that he could not buy the replacement hardwear at  enternet prices.

I  checked with an established RV repair shop in Boise Idaho, and the mechanic agreeded that I had been taken!

Stay away from this place of business!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/01/2013 08:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Goobers-Service/Beaver-Utah-84713/Goobers-Service-Over-Charged-Beaver-Utah-1047597. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Goober's Service