Complaint Review: Good Ol Boys Moving

Good Ol Boys Moving
431 Dundas Street North Cambridge, Ontario United States of America

Good Ol Boys Moving Beware, not listed with BBB Cambridge , Ontario

Good Ol Boys moving

Don't use these guys, period!

We paid for 3 men and got 1 man, 1 hungover man that was either vomiting or sitting in the truck and 1 man with a not yet healed broken wrist.  When our truck was finally loaded it looked like the back of a garbage truck, everything just thrown in.

I took the time to mark every box for its designated room and what was fragile "this side up" etc. Didn't matter, 90% of the boxes were dropped in the main floor living room for us to move.

Many items in boxes were crushed and broken.  But the main damage was to our refrigerator and front door.

The GE Profile refrigerator was being forced through the front door when I arrived at the new house. I told the mover to take the dam doors of the frig and house and he ignored me, when I raised my voice and said  at least take the freaking handles off  he complied but the damage had been done.

-Gouged front house door,weatherstrip torn off door.
-Gouged side panel and front door on frig.
 I mean a half inch deep gouge in the refrigerator, not just a scratch!
-Paint scratched off the refrigerator in many spots

The mover said " oh sorry, we will touch that up"

My wife paid the movers while I was picking up supper...$1500.00, they would not have been paid at all if I was there.
  We submitted a damage claim as we had the "insurance".

We were told we didn't have enough insurance as we opted out of the premium insurance.Even though I requested the maximum insurance.

Lee showed up to assess the damage and informed us that stuff in boxes that we packed is not insured as they don't know if it was packed properly. (yeah, I am going to pack our belongings poorly) He also told me they were not responsible to damage to the walls doors carpets etc...bulls**t

Basically the right to do and damage what ever they want Lee said he would take care of the damage to the refrigerator.
2 weeks later we received a check for $148.00 to have "body work" done on our frig and an offer for $150.00 off our next move for us or family members (Yeah, I'll use the good ol boys again again)

Well, 148.00 is not going to cover the cost of repairing the refrigerator or going without a refrigerator or renting ? one.
And the refrigerator would never look the same again anyway.
   So we are going to replace the frig at our cost, Which means the means the move by "The good Ol Boys" movers will have totaled over $3000.00 for a 1 bedroom 2 story house.
 Be warned...Do not hire these people.

They are cheats, shysters and liars! The moving men are obviously not experienced and unprofessional.

BEWARE !

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/01/2011 07:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Good-Ol-Boys-Moving/Cambridge-Ontario-/Good-Ol-Boys-Moving-Beware-not-listed-with-BBB-Cambridge-Ontario-783535. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Good Ol Boys Moving