Complaint Review: Goodson Acura

• Updated: Sun, July 07, 2013

• Reported By: Michael E. — Arlington Texas
Goodson Acura
4801 Lemmon Avenue Dallas, Texas USA

Goodson Acura Jared Rios (salesman) Horrible service after the sale, refused to replace a broken key fob! Dallas Texas

*Consumer Comment: What part of..

I helped my daughter buy a pre owned Mazda from these jerks it all went fairly smooth considering my daughter bought the car while she was out of state (she's in the Navy). She bought the car on my advise as I checked the car out and drove it. Upon me picking up the car and getting home I noticed that one of the key fobs did not work. I promptly got on the phone and notified Jared Rios the young salesman that I worked with. He told me to bring the key in. A few minutes letter I got a text message from him stating that his manger said they were not going to replace the key fob.

They had placed a piece of scotch tape over the key fob broken part. Immediately I called Jared Rios and asked him why they were not going to replace the key fob. He stated that the car a Mazda was NOT a certified Acura and all they guaranteed me was a working car and one working key. This was a extra key. I'm going to have to come out of my pocket and get a new key and get it programed due to these jerks. It was the principle of the matter I realized the car was sold as it, but to give me a broken key fob from the beginning and try to hide it with scotch tape was scraping the bottom of the barrel and was under handed and low.

I was treated very poorly and Goodson Acura you should be ashamed of yourself to take advantage of a veteran doing her duty. We trusted you and you treated us like dirt. Don't try to explain this away with your lame excuses like you are doing with other complaints. The bottom line is you refused to make it right, you did not replace the key fob, and you treated me like dirt as far as customer service  after the sale goes. Jared Rios was the salesman, so don't deal with him better yet don't buy a car from Goodson Acura. If they balked on replacing a simple key fob no telling what else they won't stand behind. I'll never ever return to Goodson. They must be happy saving themselves a couple hundred dollars. Very disappointing please beware of these shysters as well as Jared Rios.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/07/2013 06:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Goodson-Acura/Dallas-Texas-75219/Goodson-Acura-Jared-Rios-salesman-Horrible-service-after-the-sale-refused-to-replace-a-1064985. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Goodson Acura

What part of..

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

What part of "As Is" don't you understand?  You say you know it was "As Is".  But when something isn't working "As Is" all of the sudden becomes "As Is...for everything else but what I want you to replace".

Do you have something in writing that says you are guaranteed 2 working keys?  If not...then as you state...it was "As Is".

- You bought the car "As Is"?  But then again what else could go wrong..you looked over the car yourself.

As an FYI.  If you have one working Key, you can get a duplicate for probably under $50...if you stay away from the dealer you could probably get one for around $20.  It is only when you don't have either key that the cost goes up quite dramatically.