Complaint Review: Goodwill

• Reported By: jason****58 — bettendorf Iowa United States of America
Goodwill
Davenport, Iowa United States of America

Goodwill High Prices, Greedy workers Davenport, Iowa

I couldn't believe my eyes today. I went to two local goodwill shops to find a warm coat to wear and some jeans and I could not get one nice pair as they had them tagged at $16.00. The coats were marked up to $30.00. I was so dissapointed and disgusted. I also saw this young girl with shoulder length brown hair ( that was not working on this day) she was going through all the sweaters and pants and taking them off the racks to get higher price tags put on them. I saw her take them off the racks and then took them in back to get higher tags on them. She was so greedy, almost like it was coming out of her pocket. I asked one of the workers who she was and they said she was a worker from another store but must be in there on her day off.

I then looked at some pictures for sale and guess what the price on them was no less than 15.00. I looked at an ugly picture and they had it marked at $20.00. This picture was junk! I asked if someone could please explain these prices to me and they had a manager come out and she said that's just the price we are told to put on it. You can't go to goodwill anymore to buy some used things because they are asking prices that most people really can't afford. I will never donate any of my items to goodwill ever again. From now on I will find the homeless people and give them directly my stuff.

What a bunch of greedy crooks. Employees with disabilitys should not be allowed to take items home and decide what price to put on things. GOODWILL HAS BECOME A COMPLETE RIPOFF FOR ITEMS THAT ARE GIVEN TO THEM. They may provide jobs to the disabled but the employees and the boss are taking advantage of these donations. They even mark up the good books! Employees at other stores don't get to pick out the good stuff before it goes out on the shelf. Why should goodwill be any differn't.

My advice: Don't donate to goodwill anymore, take your stuff to the actual families or to another donation center. The behind the scene boss is taking things from goodwill and putting them on e-bay to make a profit of his own!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/30/2012 10:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Goodwill/Davenport-Iowa-52806/Goodwill-High-Prices-Greedy-workers-Davenport-Iowa-976428. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Goodwill