Complaint Review: Google Treasure Chest

• Updated: Sat, November 28, 2009

• Reported By: George — Wilmington Delaware United States of America
Google Treasure Chest
Sandy, Utah United States of America

Google Treasure Chest Scam, Rip off, cheats, liars, &%*>?+ and even more Sandy, Utah

*NOTICE..!! this ripoff has nothing to do with Google search engine - many rip-off businesses use the Google name to fool consumers.

===========================================

About three days ago I applied for a $1.97 DVD from Google Treasure Chest, (stupid of me)...then I checked my bank account and they took out $79.95...without my knowledge or giving them my debit card for that. (but I did for the stinkin' $1.97...) I called my bank and they said they couldn't do anything until the unauthorized statement was final...well, it got final and I'm stuck with them taking out $79.95...then yesterday I saw another one for $34.95, (same co. Google Treasure Chest) still with the unauthorized statement on it...went to bank and cancelled my card, getting a new one. This morning, I see where I still have the $79.95 taken out but the $34.95 was not there....because I had cancelled my card and they had the old #...my advice is: if you have a charge and it says unauthorized, cancell your card, if not, it will be finalized and you will be billed for that one too. My banker wrote them a letter asking for the $79.95 back but I don't think thats going to happen. I just have to be a little more careful, the only reason I did it in the first place is because they used the name Google which I have a lot of respect for. Be careful with your card and internet payments.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/28/2009 08:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Google-Treasure-Chest/Sandy-Utah-/Google-Treasure-Chest-Scam-Rip-off-cheats-liars-and-even-more-Sandy-Utah-529934. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Google Treasure Chest