Complaint Review: Gooping

• Submitted: Mon, January 13, 2014
  • Updated: Mon, January 13, 2014

• Reported By: Jack and Jill — Birkdale Qld Australia Alabama
932 North State Street Orem, Utah USA

I used the company Goopping for the first time to ship a present to Australia.

I cannot fault the company in any way except for exhorbitant shipping charges.  I organised for Amazon to deliver the goods to Goopping  and to get this for free I had to spend a certain amount.  Done

Goopping commuicated with me in every way but my first shipping charge for two toys valued at $50 was $84.86.

I nearly had a heart attack and asked if they could make it any cheaper.  I was hoping for sea mail or something.  They then came back with a price of $67.70 (including the $9.99 handling).  They were able to repackage the goods to make the dimensions smaller.

I would have thought they would package  the goods as economically as possible the first time  If I hadn't said anything I would be paying $84.86 USD. For some reason I envisaged a charge of $30-40 + the handling $10.  I obvioiusly don't send many things by mail.  When I do buy on line I usually buy from China with the included postage fee.  (I don't know how they do it so cheap).  For this reason I will never buy from USA again as the shipping is out of the ball park.

I also didn't register that this was USD they were talking about and the $67.70 became $78 AUD when I had to pay.  So $78 for a $50 present with not much weight was ridiculous but I had to bite the bullet on this occasion and put it down to an expensive lesson or donate the goods to charity.  (I had no guarantee they would actually do this for me) .  Another thing that I believe Goopping should do is itemise their invoices a bit more so that you can see a break down of charges.  Perhaps freight isn't much and it is the box etc.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2014 05:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gooping/Orem-Utah-84057-3193/Gooping-CHARGED-LIKE-A-WOUNDED-BULL-Orem-Utah-1115059. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gooping