Complaint Review: goretriever.com

• Reported By: will — Warren South Carolina United States of America
goretriever.com
219 Farnsworth Rd. Internet United States of America

goretriever.com Tricked me into signing a Lease agreement, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Please get the proper info.

It was September 2011 and I was visited by a man who seemed very nice and honest.  Boy was I wrong.  He turned out to be anything but nice.  He took me for a four year contract on a $300 credit card processing machine.  I was in the office talking to him about switching to his company to process my credit cards when the phone starting ringing and customers started coming in.  That's when he made his move telling me sign this and I'll finish up the paper work at home.  DO NOT DO THIS.  I know now what a mistake that was.

This company is bad news and I am paying the price for not paying attention when I should have.  They have to be in with the Lease company.  Who would pay a lease of $5200 for a $300 machine.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2012 12:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/goretrievercom/internet/goretrievercom-Tricked-me-into-signing-a-Lease-agreement-Internet-849554. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on goretriever.com

Please get the proper info.

AUTHOR: Retriever / NPC - (United States of America)

I would like to set the record straight.  www.GoRetriever.com is in fact our website address.  The phone number and information you have listed is correct however, it is not our Independent Sales Office that you are dealing with.  I would like to clarify just a few things for you and in response would like you to find out the proper information of the office that took advantage of you and update www.ripoffreport.com with the proper information.

First and foremost, I am assuming you googled our name and we are the first website that came up.  You got the information off of our website and filed the report against us.  Please refer back to your lease that you signed.  You should have a copy of it.  On the first page in the right hand corner, you will find the proper information of the office that had you sign the lease.  If you are not able to locate it there, please get in contact with me (you have my phone number) and I will assist you in finding out the proper information.

Retriever / NPC is set up with hundreds of offices practicing independently accross the US.  We are located in Waterville, OH.  We do not have any reps that operate in your state.  Most of our reps operate in OH and MI.  The only time we get out of state merchants is when they solicit us for our services.

We don't try to get merchants to sign leases.  We know and are aware of the reprocussions.  We offer most clients the opportunity to purchase the equipment outright anywhere from $200 - $700 depending upon the equipment the merchant selects.  The only time that leases are signed is when the merchant is adamant and at that point....all of the lease terms are reviewed verbally and sent to the merchant for review in writing.  We work with all of our merchants and want to keep them happy.  We have spent years building a great reputation and would hate to have it destroyed due to someone giving inaccurate information.