Complaint Review: Gossett Motors

• Updated: Tue, May 06, 2014

• Reported By: jen Bent — memphis Tennessee
Gossett Motors
1825 Covington Pike Memphis, Tennessee USA

Gossett Motors Gossett Crooks ( the classic bait-and-switch dealership) Memphis Tennessee

The bait-and-switch Dealership

History of events:

On 4/29/14 I received an email from Gossett Motors indicating that they are selling 2013 Fiats' starting at $11,998. Upon receiving this email, I responded same day and requested that they send me the cars/colors available for $11,998.

On 4/30/14 I received an email from the dealership stating "that they would email me the info ASAP."

On 5/1/14 I received an email from a different salesperson stating "here is the one and only vehicle available for $11,998" (you can smell the bait-and-switch coming). I replied great, send me the contract listing all cost so I would know the dollar amount to bring to the dealership. A few hours later, I recieved an email from the salesperson with a total cost of $14,900. Not only wasn't the cost broken out i.e. $11,998 + 9% tax +tag, title and dealer fees, clearly this priced wasn't based on a sale price of $11,998.

I emailed the salesperson back indicating that the total had to be wrong, that there wasn't any way the total cost could add up to $14,900? A few hours later he emailed me back stating that they didn't have any vehicles available at $11,998 and that this vehicle is better equip than the the vehicle for $11,998. I told they salesperson I didn't care about the extra options, I wanted to buy the vehicle you sent me for $11,998.

After about ten rounds of emails with management, I finally gave up and moved on.

Gossett took a very simple cash sale and made it into a nightmare. Even with the car still sitting on the lot they would not sell it to me, they kept saying " come in and let's make sure you get the car with the options you want" The car I wanted was the car they advertised for $11,998, nothing more, nothing less.

Crooks, stay away!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/06/2014 08:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gossett-Motors/Memphis-Tennessee-38128/Gossett-Motors-Gossett-Crooks-the-classic-bait-and-switch-dealership-Memphis-Tennessee-1144381. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gossett Motors