Complaint Review: Gourmet Cooking on line

• Updated: Sun, December 08, 2013

• Reported By: susieq — Branford Connecticut
Gourmet Cooking on line
405 West Fairmont Dr. Tempe, Arizona USA

Gourmet Cooking on line deceptive advertising by scrolling through numerous screens and making it easy to miss details Tempe Arizona

I ordered a Fresh N Seal vacuum bag system for freezing food. There were many other offers of products to try for what I thought was $1.00.  The package arrived and there was no packing slip. The quality of the items was poor. The vacuum bags were fine, but the other items were not to my liking.

I initially paid 40 dollars and thought it was the end of it.  Howevver, the next month my account was charged again.  I called Gourmet Cooking and I learned that I owed about $180.00 and every month about $50.00 would be deducted from my account.  This merchandise was not worth  anywhere near that amount and they said I could get some credit if I sent it back.  I do not recall authorizing them to charge my account.

Thinking that these items, (knife,oven timer,meat thermometer,cutting board) were offered for $1.00, one of my family members donated them (unopened) to our local Goodwill.  I can't retrieve them to send back and now I'm stuck with a big bill.

I will never deal with this company again and feel that they took advantage of me with some deceptive choices for on line ordering

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2013 01:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gourmet-Cooking-on-line/Tempe-Arizona-85282/Gourmet-Cooking-on-line-deceptive-advertising-by-scrolling-through-numerous-screens-and-m-1105365. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gourmet Cooking on line