Complaint Review: GoWireless

• Updated: Fri, April 18, 2014

• Reported By: Dustin — San Diego California
GoWireless
4545 la jolla village dr San Diego, California USA

GoWireless GoWireless Underhanded Business Tactics, Poor Training San Diego California

I purchased a Jetpack from them with a six month agreement. I returned it prior to completion of the contract (151 days). The employees on the store and over the phone clearly stated that they didn't want it back. As I don't like dealing with electronic waste, I asked if they would just take it. They stated that they would not take because they had no way to deal with it.

Two months later I received a letter saying that I did not return the device and I now had to pay for it. Of course, I had recycled the device just days earlier. I told them all of the details of what happened. They essentially said it was my work vs. their's, tough luck. I then told them that my company, for which I had purchased the device, would not pay for it without an invoice. They have refused to provide an invoice and have sent this to collections.

Ultimately, this comes down to poor training by their staff. They expect me to be responsible for the terms of their contract, but their own employees don't know them. We will no longer use Verizon or Go Wireless as a result.

They've now sent me to collections. I tried to send a return receipt letter to the collection company Aldous and Associates out of Utah so that I could prove that I followed up later. Of course, they won't accept mail at their physical address. You can only send to their P.O. Address where you cannot get proof that you have responded. Remeber, the whole genesis of this issue is that they would not accept my wireless device back when I closed the account, but I have no proof of that. I am more and more disappointed with Verizon at every turn of this process.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/18/2014 11:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GoWireless/San-Diego-California-92122/GoWireless-GoWireless-Underhanded-Business-Tactics-Poor-Training-San-Diego-California-1139926. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GoWireless