Complaint Review: grand canyon university

• Submitted: Mon, October 04, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, October 04, 2010

• Reported By: Marlena — Tempe Arizona U.S.A.
grand canyon university
3300 w. camelback road Internet United States of America

grand canyon university discrimination and humiliation Internet

I have been attending GCU since fall of 2008 and found their financial aid dept to be unprofessional and recently had dealing with a young man name Kevin Lee.  This man never met me and I am just a number to him.  He talks to me like that on the phone and in email recently offended me and wrote words that I felt were vindictive and humiliating. He does not know my race but the idea that a person who works at a christian university would address someone that was was a surprise. This was not my first university but the first one that I found to not be helpful.  The first I found to have rude, inconsiderate people working in the financial aid department.  People who are evidently told to be rude and refuse to help those who need financial help. I came to them so that I could become a teacher and help children with special needs. Yet I felt they discriminate against the poor or will not help anyone who has problems with financial aid.  Grand Canyon University is not for the poor but for the rich.   If you are poor they will discriminate against you and that is wrong.  It is a possibility as the other person said that they take money when they are not suppose to since not all know how these things work.  A university that is said to be christian should be held to higher standards.  I intend to file a complaint against them and even discrimination against me.  Sure they do not know I am african american but they know I am a women who has a need to get her degree and cannot pay without help.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/04/2010 11:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/grand-canyon-university/internet/grand-canyon-university-discrimination-and-humiliation-Internet-647642. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on grand canyon university