Complaint Review: Grand Canyon University

• Updated: Sun, July 13, 2014

• Reported By: Shelliann — Phoenix Arizona
Grand Canyon University
3300 West Camelback Road phoenix, Arizona USA

Grand Canyon University Incompetent Financial Aid Personnel Causes Me To Be Released From School phoenix Arizona

*General Comment: Same thing happened to me

*Consumer Comment: financial aide

I enrolled at Grand Canyon University for a start date of May 26th. I received a call from my financial counselor to let me know that I would be in overlapping status with financial aid and I could not start until June. I then received a call from my financial aid counselor who stated I would not be in overlapping status and I could start school in May.

I started school on May 26th and finished all seven weeks online. I received a call on July 11th from Margaret Anne Crites my financial advisor to advise me that I was in overlapping status and if I could not pay 3400.00 dollars to the school I would be dropped out.

I explained to her that was not my fault and because of her error the school should take care of the difference. She rudely stated that Grand Canyon would not pay for my education. I told her I dont want her to pay for my education but for her mistake.

She said all funds minus the fees for the first class would be returned back to financial aid and I could enroll at another school.

Margaret Anne was at fault, she put me in overlapping status and I get taken out of school. For a Christian school they are very greedy and are all about the money. They teach giving to others and you shouldn't discriminate but when to paying for classes, they are fast to kick you out of school. I could see if it was my fault but it was not, it was their's.

Stay away from this school, they are hiding behing the bible to get as much money as they can.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/13/2014 03:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Grand-Canyon-University/phoenix-Arizona-85017/Grand-Canyon-University-Incompetent-Financial-Aid-Personnel-Causes-Me-To-Be-Released-From-1161747. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Grand Canyon University

#1 General Comment

Same thing happened to me

AUTHOR: MG1976 - ()

The same exact thing happened to me.  I am still complaining to GCU management because they feel that I owe $1900.  My financial aid advisor was incomptent and gave me the wrong information, so I cannot even have my transcripts moved to another school, as everything is on hold until I pay what they feel that I owe.  Bridget Burgess is horrible to speak with, they know they messed up and they hide behind the bible, and won't credit me the money.  Terrible school, stay away.

financial aide

AUTHOR: thetruth - ()

I have also had numerous problems with financial aide.  I qualified and was signed up for the TEACH grant.  This is an $8000 grant for teachers.  The counselor I was assigned was out of her office a lot.  The other one assigned didnot seem to care.  Recently, I looked at my finances and saw that I never received the teach grant.  My counselor is out again.  I tried to talk to another counselor and she told me only my counselor could provide this information.  So I have been stressed for a week thinking about more debt accumulating.  This is not the first unneeded stress I have received after enrolling in this university.  I have attended college before at a site university and online.  My experience here has been extrememly poor.  Hopefully, more people will read this before they put themselves through the same terrible experiences.