Complaint Review: GRAND LOG FURNITURE

• Updated: Sat, November 16, 2013

• Reported By: MARK — FORT LAUDERDALE Florida
GRAND LOG FURNITURE
539 E Jasper Ct granby, Colorado USA

GRAND LOG FURNITURE NOTHING BUT EXCUSES, DELAYS AND EXTREMLY POOR COMMUNICATION granby Colorado

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Blackmail---NOTE ONLY ONE UNHAPPY CLIENT OUT OF HUNDREDS

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Custom Bed Sold , so refund is being sent

*Author of original report: KEEPING IT SIMPLE

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: This has been the whole problem, where is Mark ???

*Author of original report: REFUND PENDING ??

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Balls in your court to contact us....

*Author of original report: You have got to be kidding.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: One-sided , please communicate

*Author of original report: NOT A CHANCE

This is an on-line merchant that sells furniture, We ordered a bunkbed in February 2013. Instead of the usual credit card deposit, he requested a money order [first warning signal] . After sending the money order, we confirmed receipt [we had to follow up] [2nd warning signal] and asked for a time frame. He mentioned late April. We were ok with that. Late April comes, no communication or update from Steve. He has our money and we do not have any thing but a website and a phone #. It went downhill from there. After constant calling and emailing, we finally received a response. I called him immediately, got Steve on the phone and asked the obvious. Not wanting any more excuses or delays, we asked for a refund of the deposit seeing that the product was not even shipped yet. This is now August 6th , and after sending 2 emails that were very direct in again requesting a refund, no response, no refund. I myself own a small business and my most important function as a businessman is customer service, it's what keeps my doors open. The owner of Grand Log furniture obviously is struggling with a code of ethics and customer service. Hopefully this forum will prompt Steve to refund the money and we can move on.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2013 07:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GRAND-LOG-FURNITURE/granby-Colorado-80446/GRAND-LOG-FURNITURE-NOTHING-BUT-EXCUSES-DELAYS-AND-EXTREMLY-POOR-COMMUNICATION-granby-Co-1073422. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GRAND LOG FURNITURE

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Blackmail---NOTE ONLY ONE UNHAPPY CLIENT OUT OF HUNDREDS

AUTHOR: Grand Log Furniture - ()

Our business is actual up because of this exposure... we are a good honest company that will not sircome to blackmail because one customer had issues they could not deal with or work out on their own personal end....ANY CUSTOMER WISHING FOR OUR MANY CLIENT REFERENCES,  PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US DIRECTLY. PLEASE GO TO OUR WEBSITE FOR THE HUNDREDS OF GREAT ITEMS MADE FOR OUR HAPPY CLIENTS....We have attempted to resolve this with customer but  they have done nothing but attemps to create problems.  Please note  they are the only complaint in many years of business.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Custom Bed Sold , so refund is being sent

AUTHOR: Grand Log Furniture - ()

the bed your son canceled on,  has now been resold, so your deposit is being sent out finally.

thanks for your upwilling  patience and Merry Christmas

Steve

KEEPING IT SIMPLE

AUTHOR: MARK MILWICK - ()

My name is Mark Milwick. I am the owner of Automotive Parts Express in Fort Lauderdale. I am the one who sent you the Money order. We had a discussion about that. You should have noticed my Address at the top left corner when you received the deposit. You also have his Shipping address on your delivery manifest back in April. Paid from Fort Lauderdale and Shipped to ...

115 DALTON ROAD

APT 6A.

SENECA, SOUTH CARLONA 29678

My son's name is Mark Jr. . It's all good. Send the check out to him on 11/19, be there by 11/22. Once the check is cashed, I will post the results on this website stating the results and move on.

"So mote it be"

Mark D. Milwick

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

This has been the whole problem, where is Mark ???

AUTHOR: Grand Log Furniture - ()

My agreement and deposit was with/from  Mark Milwick and I need his refund  to go to him, not some business that I have never heard of and a guy that I have never heard of.  What is your name please ?

My agreement was with Mark Milwick in Seneca, Ga.  I have never heard of this company and I will need a release from Mark Milwick, as he is the one who paid me to  start out with.

please provide me with Mark Milwick current address if you so have it ? The rufund will be addressed to him and not some front company for someone I don't know.

Who is ???????

3668 N.W. 16th Street

Fort Lauderdale, Fla. 33311

REFUND PENDING ??

AUTHOR: MARK - ()

I will once again give you every opportunity to refund the money. Please make out the check to ......

3668 N.W. 16th Street

Fort Lauderdale, Fla. 33311

email address: partsexp@mindspring.com

Once the money has been received, and the Instrument cashed, I will more than gladly post the results on this website. So let's do this... Lets get this done in the next 7 days [ by November 22nd ], Can't miss the significance of this date ! and all will be settled. If I do not receive the Refund by that date, I will have no choice to post yet another report .

#6 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Balls in your court to contact us....

AUTHOR: Grand Log Furniture - ()

First off, what does your son handcapped situation have to do with our isssue, rather then email in this open fourm why have  you  not returned our calls and 4 e-mails or should I say Mark (son),  we have been dealing with him directly all along and he is  a very nice and well spoken gentelman.  Mark's and our agreement was, he could cancel the order and we would refund the deposit once the bed was resold. We never heard back from him after the bed was sold  and then all of a sudden, you started your attack on us. We only want what we earn nothing more........

Mark his been very prompt, pleasant , professional and understanding, I did not know he was handicaped in any manner and applaud  him for being a real gentalmen. You on the other hand are being a protective father that stepped in to protect your son far too aggressively and didn't understand the agreement and the schedule and the distance of 1000 miles we were coming to give him one of our beds.

Our overall agreement with all customers is, no cancellations, but due to the short delay on our end, I agreed to cancel without penalty.

We have every intentions of returning your son's deposit, but with your aggressive demeanor and the lack of return contacts/email/address  to us , how can we now be assurred that you are going to be fair within this reporting, in 20 years of customer related business,  we have never had to deal with this type of attack, and by someone claiming to be a small business owner....

Please simple return one of the several e-mails we have sent , including last month and the one 4 days ago and we can make arraingement to resolve the issue diectly.

It's on you now.

I

You have got to be kidding.

AUTHOR: MARK - ()

I have owned my own small business for 25 years. I built my business on customer service and communication.

I dealt with any issues immediately. Not the case here.  Steve has my e-mail address,  work address and contact number. My last communication could be easily posted. It was sent July 28th, with no response. Prior to that, In June , I had received an e-mail stating that he was leaving on deliveries and would be back in a few weeks and would send the money back then. After not having received what was promised, I then sent the E-mail on July 28th, and after no response, listed His business on RIPOFF Report.

Rather than issue a rebuttal, It would have been much easier to refund the "Deposit" and then, once the Refund was cashed, Have me post the results listing the return of the Monies. Actions speak louder than words, and obviously we are still exchanging Words. After reading the "rebuttal" that was just posted, there were many inaccuracies.

I could not even begin to waste the time of correcting what he barely remembers. I understand he has to defend whatever position he is holding to appear respectable, But in accordance with what is logical, reasonable and possesing common sense, none of these were utilized on his part to conclude what he had promised. All I have wanted is the return of the original deposit. Nothing more, nothing less. Did not want to have to be dealing with this in November. My son is handicapped and does not need this continuing aggravation.

This forum would not have been necessary if he had followed what was promised in June. Now the question remains, are we going with a rebuttal or can we finally get a full refund and move on. ?

#8 REBUTTAL Owner of company

One-sided , please communicate

AUTHOR: Grand Log Furniture - ()

The customer is about 3000 miles away round trip from our home location and after a delay on a custom made ordered bed for them , which we personally deliver for all customers, the son could not guarantee that he would be home on the given date that we would be in the area to deliver and set-up this very complex bunk bed. We had 5 other orders in that part of the country and could not wait around in order to not  offend all 5 other customers.  The  customer family then cancelled the custom order and we agreed to except the  cancellation of the order. Customer was then told that once we re-sold their custom order, their deposit would be returned (standard Policy). After 3 requests for their mailing address with no responses, which appeared they were not using e-mail address any longer, we again awaited their response. It appears the father in flordia and the son in Georga were not on the same page  in communications about the issues. Durning all of this communication breakdown , the father filed this report and he was told that once he contacted us, remove this very one sided report, we would address his deposit return quickly. Customer has failed to return any of our e-mail contacts to date and appears to be enjoying the conflict without communicating with us at all.

Customers have been e-mailed with a request to resolve that matter 4 times with no response from them.

We handle 100's of these custom orders yearly and understand customer  issues and strive to be respectful and fair to all customers with a custom well made product,  but we can not be abused either.  Look forward to resloving this matter in a fair and respectfully manner for all parties.

We dont use credit cards because we are strong believers that this counrty is screwed up now because of credit and people over extended due to credit companies and 5-10-15-21 intrests rates.....we are strong Dave Ramsey believers.

NOT A CHANCE

AUTHOR: MARK - ()

08/30   RECEIVED A PHONE CALL FROM STEVE ON 08/16 , ASKING TO REMOVE THE "RIP-OFF"REPORT. BY DOING SO, HE WOULD SEND THE CHECK.. NOT !!  ONCE I GET THE CHECK AND CASH IT WITH MONEY IN HAND. ONLY THEN WILL I REMOVE MY POSTING..