- Report: #1122320
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Grand Meridia Apartments
Grand Meridia Apartments255 E GRAND AVE APT 302 RAHWAY, New Jersey USA
Grand Meridia Apartments in Rahway, NJ, 07065 Landlord won't give money paid in rent back for the rest of the period even after apartment is re-rented RAHWAY New Jersey
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Page 5 of the above document clearly states that a tenant is not responsible for rental payments for any time that the unit is re-rented at a rent equal to or higher than the current rent.
I moved out on the Nov 22nd. I gave 2 months notice and paid in full till the end of my lease period which was Dec 31st, 2013.
My landlord re-rented as of Mid Dec and yet kept my rent for the rest of the lease term.
I asked several times and initially the leasing agent tried to twist my words saying paying till the end of lease is not "buying out the lease" etc etc.
When I showed him NJ tenant rights, he said that they rented out as of Mid Dec but the tenants did not move in until Jan 1st which is absolutely a cover up because:
1) I called Mid Dec and another leasing agent said that the new tenants were in fact moving in that day (It was a Saturday)
2) My friends in that building confirmed the same
3) They wont show me any official documents to show new tenants have not moved in till Jan 1st.
They never gave me a move in checklist but at move in they slapped me a move out checklist and deducted some money.
What am I comparing move out check list with?
What should I do in this case since they are too greedy to give my money back even though their new tenants were paying them at the same time and they were collecting rent from 2 parties for the same period?
The rent was over $1400. So it's a big deal.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/09/2014 04:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Grand-Meridia-Apartments/RAHWAY-New-Jersey-07065/Grand-Meridia-Apartments-in-Rahway-NJ-07065-Landlord-wont-give-money-paid-in-rent-back-1122320. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.